Show me your "Adult" rigs and how you keep them running.

XJLI

Adventurer
Figured I'd post up here since I haven't seen any other D1s..

mN9iHfz.jpg

K3KRzHy.jpg

q9BH0d1.jpg

Myd8mPT.jpg

She can start legally drinking in a four months, I'm the second owner. Relatively low miles @143k but it's my DD and didn't get many miles for the last few years the PO had it. Bought it almost 3 years ago and put a good amount of money into it this summer... Overhauled the cooling system including a NOS "genuine" LR radiator, all new brakes/lines/bearings/seals, new PS hoses, new HD steerings rods, etc. Only thing left to do is shocks. It leaks (not enough to drip!), but its a Land Rover. Only mod over stock are the one size bigger tires. I really like the thing, a lot more than I thought I would. Gonna hold onto her for a while.

tymbom

I love how these threads always turn into "post pics of your vehicles regardless of the thread title because I can't read and I really like my rig and think it's cool".

An adult rig is like 25-30 years old...

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Its been over a year since I last posted and did a LOT of updates, upgrades and improvements.
attachment.php

2" suspension lift with new Bilstein 5100 shocks all around
New rear bumper with tire swing arm. Before, I'd wince whenever I hit a hard bump, thinking the stock tire arm would tear out the sheet metal on the tailgate.
"New" core support after the original rotted out.
Retro tailgate tent/awning made from some PVC pipe and an old mil-surplus pup tent.
Removable nave/GPS system.
Replaced the standard back glass with the defrost glass the Bronco should have come with from the factory.
52" LED light bar and rewired light control panel on center console.
Upgraded brake booster I pulled from an F350.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ExplorerTom

Explorer

Since rigs aren't really referred to as "adult" as that trait is reserved for living things, the definition in the first post given as the legal definition in the US for an adult human. While I agree that 18 hardly qualifies a person as adult due to a great amount of emotional maturing still ahead of them and somewhere in the 25-30 range is probably more accurate. As far as I can tell, Siskiyou is in the US and you should be aware of that.

I think there was only one post of a rig that didn't qualify.

XJLI

Adventurer
I love how these threads always turn into "post pics of your vehicles regardless of the thread title because I can't read and I really like my rig and think it's cool".

My rig is definitely mature. It's so mature that I went to start it up yesterday and it decided that it was content with where it was in life and wanted to settle down right where I left it by not starting up.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
These days they are cheap to buy and cheap to lift...you can fit 33" tires on a 2nd gen Trooper with minimal lift.

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
I'd agree with the whole 25-30 year thing, all my rigs qualify regardless. But the original posting says 18+ years, so it's ok to see young adults here and there. I know they are a little immature at times, but they are still legally adults, so just bare with them. Now what would be awesome is a "Let's see all the retired 65+ year rigs out there!" thread. You wouldn't see any of us in there... :ylsmoke:

boxcar1

boxcar1
304121663.jpg

How do I keep it running?
Modify everything......
The only stock parts left are the tin , the steering wheel and the glass.

98dodge

I love seeing more people keep these older rigs for expeditions. Once I have enough posts to add pictures I will have to show my 86 Ramcharger

DocMike

MAX_4834_A by Max Thomason, on Flickr

I keep it running with money, time, blood from my wounds produced by the sharp rusted edges on the vehicle, and the tears of my enemies.

LR MAX, is it possible to get a copy of this picture in a larger format? This picture looks like it could be used for an African safari company or something along those lines. The only thing missing is a lion laying under the tree or a giraffe eating leaves off the top of the tree. I'd like to use this picture as my desktop on my computer.

Doc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven