Adventurer
Heres mine!!

100_0078.jpg

IMGP0192.jpg

muzzy5.0

Just did mine this weekend

Used this thread for inspiration, some great rigs on here. Thanks

2lb28a0.jpg

Not the biggest winch bumper you ever saw...

9gvsk4.jpg

But then again, it ain't exactly the biggest car either!!

aqwhz.jpg

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
alright Muzzy ... you can't come here and post up a way cool little superman car like that and not link to a build thread or give up some more info... :sombrero:

muzzy5.0

Glad you guys like it, it's based on a Smart Roadster shell, running on Suzuki Jimny rails stretched 4.5", 1.6EFi Tracker engine with Auto box with rad and battery in the trunk area( where the Smart's engine used to be!), seperate Hi-Lo range transfer box. 235/75 15 boggers, home grown suspension. Goodwinch TDS Goldfish 9500lb winch on homemade bumper. Had a little shakedown run before I painted the panels and did the winch etc. So far, so good.

2hdqsgo.jpg

Going to put kind of a retrospective build up thread on my local wheelin' club's forum over the next couple of weeks, so I'll post a link then. Whole project has taken 31 days so far. (weekends and the odd day off here and there.) :coffeedrink:

barnstormer

Wanderer
barnstormer,
I like that bumper and would like to get one for my 1998 Montero. What year should I be looking for?

Sorry it took so long to reply, I missed the post. That ARB came from a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It did take a little bit of cutting and light fabrication to get it to fit, but it was pretty easy.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
74 Cherokee Winch bumper...

Just finished it up. I tried to keep it up and tucked close as possible for a decent attach angle. And max ground clearance.

bumper003.jpg

bumper004.jpg

I also put some pockets in the underside to help protect some rock lights...
bumper011.jpg

I also hard wired the winch control box inside behind the head lights...
swaybar016.jpg

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
run of the mill ARB bumper...plan to add a winch eventually.

taco3.sized.jpg

taco1.sized.jpg

had the black powder coat burned off and put this powder coat put on it....and I can see I am not the only one who likes this powder coat color!
taco2.sized.jpg

winch bumper on my Patrol....right now running a PTO winch. It started out like this....
trail25.sized.jpg

victor36.sized.jpg

and evolved into this....
EJS_2009_058resized.sized.jpg

Going to change the bumper on the Patrol one last time. Similar style but slightly different and I may dump the PTO winch and go hydraulic.

proto

Adventurer
I've gotta say I like the look of your FSJ with the minimal bumper and Rhino grille -- looks very purposeful! The 'Scuff' plate, 'MT', and the embossed pie-plates are all nice understated touches. I don't know what the rest of the vehicle looks like, but the front view looks just right.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
I've gotta say I like the look of your FSJ with the minimal bumper and Rhino grille -- looks very purposeful! The 'Scuff' plate, 'MT', and the embossed pie-plates are all nice understated touches. I don't know what the rest of the vehicle looks like, but the front view looks just right.

Well thanks, Are you someone I know pulling my chain? LOL who are you really.:coffeedrink:

swaybar018.jpg
Just getting started on her.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach