Show us your 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ

jpat30

Adventurer
Drummer,
That's a great looking WJ you have there. What are the specs on it; lift, tire size, etc? thanks and welcome to the Portal!

My springs keep falling out when Im fully flexed. i tried the bolt on spring retainer kit from ironrock offroad and they worked for a while but one of them ended up braking off. I think im just going to limit the flex with limiting straps to solve this. can any of you show me how you solved this problem? I have an idea of where to put the limiting straps but I wanted to see what others have done just incase theirs a better way than what I already have in mind. Thanks for your advice in advance.

i threw some limit straps on mine, only 3" of lift but still looses coils with the sway bar disconnected

1391741_758314570849642_1932564712_n.jpg

have you had any problems with this set up?? i saw this too and im trying to decide witch way is better.

ae75cadc.jpgbbc2168e.jpg

MrWesson

Adventurer
I've owned 2 99's over the years and both were great although the black one had some major rust issues that forced me to ditch it.

DVVFVG1l.jpg

To

llkb4uYl.jpg

To

887avXql.jpg

:sombrero:

Whether driving cross country, off roading(especially the quadradrive gold one), towing my 6,000lb boat, or just going back and forth to work neither let me down. The black one was purchased for $2,000 and gave me 3 solid years as a purely neglected daily driver and sold for similar money.. Best 2k i've spent.

jwp2121

Observer
Here's mine.
2004 Laredo 4.0
I'm in San Diego

Attachments

• wj3.jpg
    wj3.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 76
  • mtn5.jpg
    mtn5.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 79
  • mtn1.jpg
    mtn1.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 82
Any one in the Socal Area interested in a weekend trail run in big bear? I usually go with a bunch of Tj's and Jk's but it would be nice to go with a bunch of Wj's instead.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer

I actually have the uppers installed in my Jeep. I just have a 3" OME with Bilstein shocks bought through Kolak. The IRO Retainers keep the springs from popping all the way out but the other problem is when you flex that much the springs come out of the rubber Spring Isolators and of course just smash them instead of going back in them correctly because when your twisted your not at the correct angle. It's pretty frustrating.

5f30b23e73021554b138078977fac0fb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
04323a51617e2e993bcc177655e1e358.jpg

1a27e49e925467265fc77475a86e70f1.jpg

75b2dfe75bae2ac8be8c8a2d2bf6d6c2.jpg

536bb5a80939e1cc1d6a6eb2336837d0.jpg

2003 Jeep WJ grand Cherokee 4x4
160k miles
4.0 Motor
QuadraTrac II Transfer case
3" OME lift Springs
10mm OME Spacers
Bilstein Shocks
IRO Spring retainers
Flatland 4x4 Front Bumper
Hard Rock Rubicon Take off wheels
BFG Mud Terrains
Add or Rear Swaybar
IRO Tracbar
JKS Swaybar disconnects up front
50" curved LED Light bar (wouldn't do that again) to much windshield and hood glare.

I have a Powertrax rear locker for the open diff in the rear but don't have the skills to pull the axles in this Jeep so I haven't put it in yet. It also needs a rear axle seal when it gets done. Called the local 4x4 shop and they quoted me 8-10hrs at $110 per hour for the Powertrax only! That's way more than I expected. I was hoping $3-400 max not a grand plus. Haha. So that Powertrax may never see my rear diff unfortunately

K2ZJ

Explorer
I actually have the uppers installed in my Jeep. I just have a 3" OME with Bilstein shocks bought through Kolak. The IRO Retainers keep the springs from popping all the way out but the other problem is when you flex that much the springs come out of the rubber Spring Isolators and of course just smash them instead of going back in them correctly because when your twisted your not at the correct angle. It's pretty frustrating.

That's what the lowers are for (second picture and link), keeping the springs from pulling up the rubber isolator.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
That's what the lowers are for (second picture and link), keeping the springs from pulling up the rubber isolator.

My lowers have never pulled out but my uppers pull our even with the isolators and smash the upper isolators on the way back in...

Last edited:

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
Well never mind above post. The lowers are out also. Here is a photo of the uppers out of the isolators

b705b70a0d32e8ec17184224e5e3a962.jpg

Also anyone have a photo of how the lower isolators keep the springs in? I didn't get any instructions with them just them pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp