Show us your things that flip/fold/slide/pop or otherwise open out/up

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Here is the link to some more photos and a comment from one one about the camper:

Forget your grandparents' Winnebago, Dutch architects Dries Stevens and Nancy Neukermans have taken the ultimate German utility vehicle and outfitted it with flash amenities like a glowing duvet roof, aluminum skylights, and an over-sized bathtub, creating a contemporary mobile living unit in which they travel around Europe 6 months out of the year. The rest of the time it's parked in the couples' converted Antwerp warehouse and functions as a luxurious bathroom. But given the fact that fuel is sold by the litre in Europe, our guess is that this summer, they're taking in more baths than views.

Unfortunately the livingis.be website doesn't have any information or details. It is also quite old and hasn't been update for some time. The Unimog RV is an excellent work and maybe its creators should commercialize their work, from the photos it looks like they have enjoyed it through many journeys.

Their website is not working anymore - www.livingis.be

More good photos: http://robotpig.net/design-news/livingisbe---the-best-motorhome-in-the-world-_1665

Thank you very much for that :)

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Yeah talk about flip out, fold out and slide out it looks like as well. What a neat setup, not 1" wasted.

Was the last shot taken in Oz?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I can't figure why it flipped like that? I have a few hidden inches left but they're spoken for.... I'm almost done.... I think?
It was AZ.. ;)

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Putting it up is pretty easy. Breaking it down takes a bit longer.... Probably because I'm hemming and hawing because I don't want to go home.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I can understand that! It sure looks cool, I have just come to realize that is where "different strokes" and I part company. :). (You know, different strokes for different folks…)

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
I hated setting up my pop up.
I have a parameter I apply to a camping setup, the KOKO time, ("Key Off Kettle On" time), in other words how long from stopping the motor to starting the hot-beverage (cocoa/coffee) making. Any more then a few minutes is too long for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach