Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

chuckn

Observer
Yedi, I like your truck. What kind of internal support did you use for your RTT ? I'm considering a similar set-up on my access cab.

Chuck.

yedi

Observer
Yedi, I like your truck. What kind of internal support did you use for your RTT ? I'm considering a similar set-up on my access cab.

Chuck.

Thanks for the kind words, Chuck. I had a custom set of bars welded. They're completely modular and get bolted into the front bed bolts and the rear D-ring bolts. If you check out post #8 in this thread, I have a more in-depth description and pictures (also pictures of custom bars for the tent are in post #4 of that same thread).

2scars

Adventurer
the regular cab

looks an awful lot like the Sonoran Steel truck that was featured in T4WDO mag here recently, are you the Sonoran Steel fella or did you buy it?

landman

I agree. I've wheeled with Steve and that truck and it's the perfect example of what good skid plates, traction, and driving can do.
I've owned a few nice Wranglers and Rubicons and I would choose this truck every time over them. The Red Truck just has an 'it' factor to it that make is so much more fun to drive. Easy daily driver as well.

jackflash

Observer
img3689m.jpg

More details on this truck please.

mreimann

That looks to be "Three Feathers", correct?

Yep! This was "trying" to go right up the middle. FJs and Jeeps can do it, but my wheel base is too long. Another guy with the same truck as me dented up his driveshaft right after I attempted this.

trump

Adventurist
Yep! This was "trying" to go right up the middle. FJs and Jeeps can do it, but my wheel base is too long. Another guy with the same truck as me dented up his driveshaft right after I attempted this.

Thought so... yeah, the center line is not LWB friendly. Break-over angle at the top is a bit too much.

Here's a couple of old pictures I've got from Three Feathers:

chevofalls012_zps5905e425.jpg

013_zpsa7d0ff07.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater