Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Aggie

Adventurer
Crappy cell phone pic...

img1221833445782.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
AGGIE!!!!!!!! Holly crap that thing looks GREAT!!!!

It's kind of funny, I jokingly said to a friend the other day that if you put tall skinny tires on a truck, I will automaticly like it...

I'm no tthe biggest FJC fan (although they're Toyotas so I still like them) but those rims/tires make that truck look amazing. I'll bet they're absolutely amazing in the muck and slime. All of the cruisers I wheeled in OZ had skinny NDT military/industrial type tires (or tyres as it were eh :) ) and they were unstopable, often times I never had to even engage the lockers. Got any more better pics of the truck???

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Not sure which Super Swampers those are but yes they are amazing off road. You do need to be careful in the sand as they will dig themselves in and leave you framed out. The traction elsewhere is wonderful my favorite is the SSR which is a super swamper radial in a 285,75,16 it measures out 33.9 X 11& change.

P1010158.jpg

P1010152.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

P3020098.jpg

P3010074.jpg

P3010073.jpg

Aaron

net4n6

Adventurer
Aaron,
What is the height and kind of lift on that lifted 4runner? It's one nicely mode 4runner. All you need is a set of sliders and you can go anywhere with that truck.:safari-rig:

Aggie

Adventurer
4Rescue said:
AGGIE!!!!!!!! Holly crap that thing looks GREAT!!!!

It's kind of funny, I jokingly said to a friend the other day that if you put tall skinny tires on a truck, I will automaticly like it...

I'm no tthe biggest FJC fan (although they're Toyotas so I still like them) but those rims/tires make that truck look amazing. I'll bet they're absolutely amazing in the muck and slime. All of the cruisers I wheeled in OZ had skinny NDT military/industrial type tires (or tyres as it were eh :) ) and they were unstopable, often times I never had to even engage the lockers. Got any more better pics of the truck???

Uh thanks guys. :)

The tires are 34x10.5 Super Swamper TSL LTB's wrapped around 17" FJ Cruiser Stock Steel wheels painted Land Cruiser Grey to match the old FJ40 wheels. I only run them when I am going offroad, other wise I run a set of 33" BFG AT's for the Road.

They are unbeatable off road.

She ain't the straightest body in the world but she takes me everywhere I need to go with my RTT on top. More pics:

LSCR_39.jpg

LSCR_40.jpg

LSCR_67.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
net4n6 said:
Aaron,
What is the height and kind of lift on that lifted 4runner? It's one nicely mode 4runner. All you need is a set of sliders and you can go anywhere with that truck.:safari-rig:

Yeah it has sliders now that was about 2 years ago when I had the SSR's I have since switched to COOPER STT's. Of course traction has been lost in some areas but other things have been gained.

P6072499.jpg

P6072492.jpg

P1011152.jpg

P7290289.jpg

P7290288.jpg

P7250282.jpg

Lets not forget the budbuilt under armor
P4201868.jpg

P4191864.jpg

The lift itself is a variation of the sonoran steel lift that is offered for these vehicles. pm me and I'll get you the details.

Aaron

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
Aggie said:
Uh thanks guys. :)

The tires are 34x10.5 Super Swamper TSL LTB's wrapped around 17" FJ Cruiser Stock Steel wheels painted Land Cruiser Grey to match the old FJ40 wheels. I only run them when I am going offroad, other wise I run a set of 33" BFG AT's for the Road.

They are unbeatable off road.

She ain't the straightest body in the world but she takes me everywhere I need to go with my RTT on top. More pics:

Just wondering mate, did you have to trim the bodymount to make those tyres fit? what is the wheel spec of those FJ rims? 17x7.5 Im assuming but what offset?

thankyou.

OldSven

Explorer
4307 said:
^ how did the new tire size work out compared to the last size?

Very nice so far. Better handling on road with being skinnier, off road about the same traction. The only thing I noticed is that the sidewall doesn't hang over the edge of the rim as much so I have to be carefull about rubbing the rims on stumps and rocks.

Aggie

Adventurer
Hilux_Max said:
Just wondering mate, did you have to trim the bodymount to make those tyres fit? what is the wheel spec of those FJ rims? 17x7.5 Im assuming but what offset?

thankyou.

No Trimming of the body mount because I put a half inch spacer on top of the Coil over. That is the exact spec on the factory wheels with a 4.5" backspacing. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3