Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

CMiller

Adventurer
Part of me is like, "Oh man that looks like so much fun!" and part of me is like, "Oh man, he is trashing that trail, those ruts are going to be there forever!"

After a passing thunderstorm those trails turn to soup as in his pic, but they quickly dry out and return to silt and the ruts disappear with it. Nothing to worry about as fair as trail damage, except getting stuck in the soup! :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
After a passing thunderstorm those trails turn to soup as in his pic, but they quickly dry out and return to silt and the ruts disappear with it. Nothing to worry about as fair as trail damage, except getting stuck in the soup! :)

That's cool. I am well familiar with the silt/bull dust. Much more malleable than the clay

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
That is a really awesome shot. Magazine cover or at least full page ad worthy!

Part of me is like, "Oh man that looks like so much fun!" and part of me is like, "Oh man, he is trashing that trail, those ruts are going to be there forever!"

Oh please, to your comment about the ruts. They are all great pics.

Sent from my iPad using my tired fat pointer finger.

Box Rocket

Yeah this. Those are gone already. There has been flashflood warnings in that area for the past two weeks including today and I'm certain that section of road has been underwater and the ruts are gone. Besides it was either take the established road and get muddy or go off-trail and destroy vegetation and tear things up much worse.

Last edited:
J

JWP58

That's the setup I want...ARB up front, RTT on a rack over the topper..

Very nice 4runner.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Tundra CVs are run with LT kits on tacomas and 4runners
OK. I learned the lesson of running the ****ty aftermarket CVs and had one last a whole year. I have OME coils, Bilstein 5100s and 10MM spacers on the front with a diff drop kit. I am planning on just getting a pair of Toyota ramans from TRDParts4U in a couple weeks. Stock arms and the FJ-80 wheels don't rub on anything but the tires do a little at full lock on the back. I am going over to Duratracs or General AT2s in the spring which I think will alleviate the rubbing. Those are Treadwrights have been great but seem bigger (and heavier).I ran the stock ones on this setup for @ 3 years before weither went out. One last year the other this year. Any recommendations on the CVs?

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
OK. I learned the lesson of running the ****ty aftermarket CVs and had one last a whole year. I have OME coils, Bilstein 5100s and 10MM spacers on the front with a diff drop kit. I am planning on just getting a pair of Toyota ramans from TRDParts4U in a couple weeks. Stock arms and the FJ-80 wheels don't rub on anything but the tires do a little at full lock on the back. I am going over to Duratracs or General AT2s in the spring which I think will alleviate the rubbing. Those are Treadwrights have been great but seem bigger (and heavier).I ran the stock ones on this setup for @ 3 years before weither went out. One last year the other this year. Any recommendations on the CVs?

You can only run Tundra CVs with you have LT kit as they are 3.5'' longer then Tacoma CVs. LT kits are 3.5'' wider a side thus the longer CV fits perfect.

Best option for stock CVs is OEM. Keep your eyes open as they pop up on sites FS all the time. Or go to a local junk yard and get some. I got 2 "new" OEM ones for 60 bucks from my local junk yard.

The only pro to running parts store ones is the life time warranty so you only have to buy one and you can break it and get a new one for free. But..they will break.

However, unless your on 34s or bigger, chances of you breaking them with 33s is very low. Only other way is if your front locked and your driving like an idiot.

but OEMs are the strongest.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
You can only run Tundra CVs with you have LT kit as they are 3.5'' longer then Tacoma CVs. LT kits are 3.5'' wider a side thus the longer CV fits perfect.

Best option for stock CVs is OEM. Keep your eyes open as they pop up on sites FS all the time. Or go to a local junk yard and get some. I got 2 "new" OEM ones for 60 bucks from my local junk yard.

The only pro to running parts store ones is the life time warranty so you only have to buy one and you can break it and get a new one for free. But..they will break.

However, unless your on 34s or bigger, chances of you breaking them with 33s is very low. Only other way is if your front locked and your driving like an idiot.

but OEMs are the strongest.

Thanks Blackdawg. I baby it most of the time and I am never rough on it but I know its up there at the limits. Maybe I will check the salvage yards for a couple to rebuild and install some long-travel boots on. That is basically what screwed the one up now. The boot tore and a bunch of crap got in there and had it's way with it. It isn't horrible yet but likes to click some. Maybe I will pick the warranty ones up for spares too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz