Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Redneck92

Observer
I don't like the idea of RUF. What happens when you break a leaf pack?

I do love 63s, but not the huge shackle required to get any lift.

I may stay with OME up front and do 63's in the rear. About 2" of lift and 33x12.5s, 4.88, 4.7 case, and lockers! Very capable sleeper that'll get down.

If you break a spring the fix is easy. Just get a new pack. You'll need to add two extra leafs to a stock rear pack. It's a little extra work but you will have a better performing, riding and cheap set of springs than the trail marts. The likely hood of breaking a leafs is stupid low as long as you set your bump stops up correctly.

The 63's you should be able to run a 6 inch shackle and be ok. You might have to add a 1-2" block to level it out though. It should sit pretty level with ruf and 63's though, lots of Toyota's running that setup.

I can say for a fact you will not clear the 33 with the ome lift up front. The tire and the firewall try to occupy the same space. Which is the reason to go with the ruf which will stretch the front out a little and help that. Also keep in mind you'll more than likely have to do high steer.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
I can say for a fact you will not clear the 33 with the ome lift up front. The tire and the firewall try to occupy the same space. Which is the reason to go with the ruf which will stretch the front out a little and help that. Also keep in mind you'll more than likely have to do high steer.

I know several folks running OME with 33x12.5s and high steer. I even know one running 35s with a 3.5" shackle, but he has a drop hanger. He redrilled his spring perch to bring his axle forward about an inch or so. All of them clear them just fine. Heck I'm clearing 32x11.5s stock and I don't rub at all actually I'm not even close!

Redneck92

Observer
32's clear fine. That's what my buddy ran on his truck and he just bought 33x12.5s. They get into the firewall something fierce on the up travel. Normal driving they are fine but hard articulation nor so much.

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Yeah I get ya.. I haven't made my mind up yet.. Probably stick with my OME for now since I have them and upgrade later

Redneck92

Observer
You could probably get away with adding a zero rate block to push the axle forward an inch.

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Not sure I want that extra inch of lift. I love the way these 32's look and don't wanna screw it up with too big of a lift.

I'm probably gonna put my OME front springs on this week or the next and level the rear with a little longer shackle. I've got almost a 2" rake so it should be close to level. If I decide to go bigger when these wear out I'll put a drop bracket and longer shackle in the front and just redo my rear suspension. I just don't know what to do about power steering.

^See how indecisive I am!

SIZZLE

Pro-party
New tires and rims:
0EDB6ED5-6201-4B5A-9E66-4BD1C1422490.jpg

They're too clean, you need to fix that!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I was about to go..OLD?! ****** you talking about it's a 96!

Then...I realized it's almost 20years old...damn..haha

I love mine though for sure!

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
I thought he was talking about me! Lol Y'all posted one minute apart so that's why I figured.. but I would definitely say yours is a little more stylish that mine at this point!

Yours is getting old though! Geez mine's 33 years old!

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Mines my most reliable vehicle and it's 35 years old. Not to say my other vehicles are junk but they seem to need more of my time.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues