Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
P3130710.jpg

Aaron

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I like those bins where did you get them????? I am looking for something similar to store stuff on my roofrack.

They are made by Hardigg, yes the same company that used to make or was making storm case. That was so recently purchased by Pelican if my nfo is correct. I purchased them from a surplus store primarily specializing in electronics. They run $70-90 and I will keep my eyes peeled if your interested.

Aaron

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Oh how I love my 4Runner... I was thinking yesterday as I drove through the hills over the pass back from the beach... I really have found my favorite vehicle. I missed my Jetta a bit in the curves and when I really wanted to pass instantaneously, but overall I love to drive my truck.

DSCN1403.jpg

DSCN1392.jpg

DSCN1390.jpg

DSCN1425.jpg

Cheers

Dave

fbksurferjoe

Adventurer
Yeah, let me know about those cases, I just went browsing around on Ebay and they want close to 200 dollars for one similar to yours :O!

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Oh how I love my 4Runner... I was thinking yesterday as I drove through the hills over the pass back from the beach... I really have found my favorite vehicle.

Man, I know how you feel. I feel a bit childish when I say "I won't get rid of this vehicle" but it's the truth. I really love my Toyota and will own others but hope to never part ways with this 4Runner. I might guilty as it may make me just buy and swap like for like :)
P6072499.jpg

Nothing like it!
Aaron

BlairB

Observer
I have been lurking around this forum for some time, but am finally getting around to posting. Its a great site.

Here is my rig so far, it still has a lot of ground to make up on you guys!

DSC06382.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

________
Extreme vaporizer

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Man, I know how you feel. I feel a bit childish when I say "I won't get rid of this vehicle" but it's the truth. I really love my Toyota and will own others but hope to never part ways with this 4Runner. I might guilty as it may make me just buy and swap like for like :)
P6072499.jpg

Nothing like it!
Aaron
Yep... We all have that truck that just 'Click' feels right. You have a very nice 3rd gen there, I love those years, if only we got Diesel's I'd probably be running a 1kz-t 3rd gen myself with my 1st gen as a trail rig/sand toy... I may still do that as a buddy's new 3rd gen 3.4 5spd purchase has me with motor and interior long haul comfort envy...IS that an R151 behind ris 3.4??? That would make the 1KZ-T swap alot easier maybe...I need to stop now, my checkbook is whimpering at me from across the room...the trucks out there grinning, -whisper-I think she wants a SFA and some 36's-whisper-...

My '91 4runner featured in my "Back in a Toyota" thread:

toy2-1.jpg

toy3-1.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg
I know you miss your old XJ's bro, and well you should, but come one... you gotta admit these old Toyota Mini trucks are AMAZING. They're litteraly a good poweplant swap (to a diesel for me please) away from being pretty much perfect imo, maybe a little small for some but... They're overbuilt to hell (except maybe the steering) and they just go down the road mile after mile after mile with no issues. Plus as I can see from your pics they love to be let loose and "play" too ;)

Glad you're out enjoying your new rig mate.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

HB 4X4

Adventurer
I have been lurking around this forum for some time, but am finally getting around to posting. Its a great site.

Here is my rig so far, it still has a lot of ground to make up on you guys!

DSC06382.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

Well look who it is... :wings:

jh504

Explorer
I know you miss your old XJ's bro, and well you should, but come one... you gotta admit these old Toyota Mini trucks are AMAZING. They're litteraly a good poweplant swap (to a diesel for me please) away from being pretty much perfect imo, maybe a little small for some but... They're overbuilt to hell (except maybe the steering) and they just go down the road mile after mile after mile with no issues. Plus as I can see from your pics they love to be let loose and "play" too ;)

Glad you're out enjoying your new rig mate.

Cheers

Dave

Yeah I miss the 6.5" of lift with the flex of a coilsprung solid axle, but it is well worth being back in a Yota. You can just tell the difference in build quality with Toyotas. Everything is much more solid, nothing rattles, nothing is loose. The tolerances are much tighter. It is an extremely capable Stock rig, and I will be increasing the ground clearance and tire size very soon. I think you should SAS yours anyway!
By the way, I still have one XJ, a 2000 that my wife drives.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach