Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah I miss the 6.5" of lift with the flex of a coilsprung solid axle, but it is well worth being back in a Yota. You can just tell the difference in build quality with Toyotas. Everything is much more solid, nothing rattles, nothing is loose. The tolerances are much tighter. It is an extremely capable Stock rig, and I will be increasing the ground clearance and tire size very soon. I think you should SAS yours anyway!
By the way, I still have one XJ, a 2000 that my wife drives.;)
Yeah I've still got a 99 XJ in the family and it's holding up pretty well considering what my dad tow's behind it from time to time (palatte's of battery's, his Kubota...) but my 4 Runner at 240+k on the body just feels so much tighter (and is) but boy do I miss the front end flwx and the 4.0L grunt soemtimes...
As for the Sas, I want to do it, but what I really want to do is beef-up an older 85 frame and drop my motor (or maybe the 1KZ-TE I've been dreaming of) on top of it for the LOW COG of the pakage versus doing the standard SAS with some 5+ inches of lift I don't want. I think my truck is the perfect height right now I just wish the front articulation matched the rear... I'm loving my OME Dakars, they hold weight, ride great and flex VERY well for leafs.

Glad to hear your enjoying your Yota mate, the truck's coming along nicely.

Cheers

Dave

climber-420

Adventurer
Went to Bristol this past weekend for the race. Stayed at Little Oak Campground, inside Cherokee National Park. For only $6 a night, with boat ramp right there, not to shabby.

Attachments

• IMGP0739.JPG
    IMGP0739.JPG
    457.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMGP0740.JPG
    IMGP0740.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMGP0712.JPG
    IMGP0712.JPG
    608.1 KB · Views: 166

IRBIS

Observer
4runner

87-2000

Attachments

• DSC03393 (Small).JPG
    DSC03393 (Small).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC04327 (Small).JPG
    DSC04327 (Small).JPG
    26 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC04325 (Small).JPG
    DSC04325 (Small).JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 201

TBS

Observer
finally got some decent pics of the truck....
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture023.jpg

climber-420

Adventurer
Ok, so this is how the truck looks as of today. I think these are better than the previous pictures.

IMGP0746_small.jpg
IMGP0749_small.jpg

Last edited:

roamingaz

Explorer
Heres my truck....

When I bought it

ebay029.jpg

And now, almost finished........

toyotabuild004.jpg

Lc Engineering engine and exhaust
electric fan
ARB lockers
4.88 gears
Warn winch and bumper
Pro comp HID lights
onbord shower
14 gallon Auxilary fuel tank
solar panel
3 Optima yellow tops
1000 watt inverter
Engel 45 fridge
16 gallon fresh water tank
custom utility camper
ARB awning
satalite radio
cb
gps

Roof top tent soon:drool:

I bought my 4runner in January 07, it looked like this:
truck001.jpg

Here it is, lifted with mudders, lockrite in the rear and a soft top, new bumpers & TG sliders.

trucksoft2.jpg

Tomorrow (hopefully) I'm putting new 35" tires with AR diamonlock rims on, I'll put new pics up as soon as it's done!

WambusSaturday-078.jpg

jh504

Explorer
truck001.jpg

Here it is, lifted with mudders, lockrite in the rear and a soft top, new bumpers & TG sliders.

trucksoft2.jpg

Tomorrow (hopefully) I'm putting new 35" tires with AR diamonlock rims on, I'll put new pics up as soon as it's done!

WambusSaturday-078.jpg

Like the truck man. I have always liked built 1st gens. What type and size tires are on it in the 2nd picture? Are they 33x10.50s?

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
truck001.jpg

trucksoft2.jpg

WambusSaturday-078.jpg

I guessing by your screen name you like Amon Amarth? Nice Runner either way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater