Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Zam15

Explorer
Ha! pray4surf thanks for posting that. It definitely gets your heart beating! :Wow1: The thing is with that trail once you pass the squeeze there is no turning back... :costumed-smiley-007

AlexJet

Explorer
My 2005 back in summer 2009 (there are some additions to it such as TC Long-Travel and tube front fenders as well as tube rear quarter panel guards):

View1.jpg

View8.jpg

Custom skids bumper-to-bumper:

HighClearanceSkidPlate2.jpg

My wife's RAV4 with custom bumpers and 3.5" lift (was totaled this September):

2001ToyotaRAV4newliftbumperstires01.jpg

Her new truck when I brought it in 2 month ago:

Stock.jpg

1 month later (from the time photo was taken Manik Guard is removed, hitch is removed, ARB bumper on the way to my home, CBI rear bumper ordered and should be ready by Christmas):

LiftTires1.jpg

LiftTires2.jpg

I'll update the images in the Spring when I'll put both bumpers and snorkel to wife's truck and finish building my Expedition Trailer (the temperature here in Canada is already starting to get below freezing point and it becoming cold working on the driveway)...

AlexJet

Explorer
:drool: And I'm not talking about the Subway in the background. That is one of the nicest looking 4th gen 4Runners I've seen.

Any info on the light cage you're using?

The light bar is part of the custom made aluminum roof rack. It's mine design and build.

Very sick runner! I usually dont like the 4th gens but that thing is awesome.

I like it very much and my wife just loves it. She asked me to build her 4Runner in a same way.

:drool: (speechless!)(didn't know you could DO that!)

As you can see, this what an Aerospace Engineer with Ph.D. can come up with using a free time on the weekends. :)

Last edited:

evan

My 2005 back in summer 2009 (there are some additions to it such as TC Long-Travel and tube front fenders as well as tube rear quarter panel guards)...

Nice 4th gen. It would be great to see a quick pic with the new front fenders if they're already installed.

The light bar is part of the custom made aluminum roof rack. It's mine design and build.

I like it very much and my wife just loves it. She asked me to build her 4Runner in a same way.

As you can see, this what an Aerospace Engineer with Ph.D. can come up with using a free time on the weekends. :)

I'm just wondering if those mud terrains were only used for hardcore mall crawlin???

Aggie

Adventurer
For an Aerospace engineer with a Ph.D. he sure don't know much about offroading pretty wheels with crappy tires....

mr.trd

Adventurer
For an Aerospace engineer with a Ph.D. he sure don't know much about offroading pretty wheels with crappy tires....

IN YOUR OPINION...

Not sure you got the right place, Pirate4x4 is the other link in your favorites for that kind of attitude.

And that is IMO!

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire

Now, now! Lets play nice!

... If I had a truck that pretty, I would hesitate to get it into really nasty stuff anyways! I have yet to see a 4th gen rock crawler.

Aggie

Adventurer
IN YOUR OPINION...

Not sure you got the right place, Pirate4x4 is the other link in your favorites for that kind of attitude.

And that is IMO!

Well if someone is going to toot their own whistle on a forum, one should expect to have someone comment about their choice of Pro Comp tires and wheels that are not exactly ideal for any kind of overlanding.

This is not an opinion, Pro Comp MT tires (not the Xtremes) are not good tires, they wear quick and are rough.

Bragging about a degree is like bragging about how much money one makes, and is not only uncalled for but not good social etiquette.

That is my opinion. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy