Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

DblD

Adventurer
I just installed a lift from ToyTec.

It is Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear, Eibach Coils in front, Add-a-leaf in the rear, and Light Racing UCAs. Gained about 2.5 inches. Now debating on tire sizes. Anyone know if I can run 255/85R16s without rubbing with just a 2.5 in. lift?

dd
1259465499_tacomalinden01.jpg

1259465430_tacomalinden02.jpg

gearbox

Adventurer
Now debating on tire sizes. Anyone know if I can run 255/85R16s without rubbing with just a 2.5 in. lift?

It's not a matter of "lift," since your upper and lower arms are basically just farther downward. Your path of travel is identical as before the lift, so when a tire is fully compressed or "stuffed" into the wheel well, the amount of lift doesn't have anything to do with clearance.
That tire size may require cutting off some plastic, smashing or grinding and sealing the pinch weld, and maybe cutting and re-welding the body mounts. They'll fill the rears just fine. There isn't a whole lot of agreement on what tires fit with what amount of modification. You can definitely fit 265/75/16 with no modification needed, and read up on 285/75 and 255/85 fitment in the mean time. I suggest getting sliders before getting that deep. (and, of course: hi-lift, chain, hi-lift accessories, straps, shovel, tools, lighting, etc..)
One of the best things I added was a top to secure everything.
That's a nice color!

336wheeler

Observer
Just put the 255/85 KM2s on my runner with approx 2.5-2.75" of lift in the front, and 3" in the rear. I have trimmed the front valence, inner fender plastic, and hammered down the pinch weld. The only rubbing I get is on the frame at full turn to the left only, and it isn't noticeable. I can't speak for any other 255/85... but the KM2s are more than tolerable in the rubbing department.

OldSven

Explorer
My Dad flew up from Las Vegas to spend Thanksgiving with us, so we took a short trip to show him some NW snow:sombrero:

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

Glides

My first post. Thought I would make it a photo one.

My 87. 33's. 7 inches of lift I think and a T3/T4 turbocharged 22RE. It runs 7 lbs of boost right now. Has a TRD cam as well. 4 inch exhaust, 3 from the manifold. Sounds mean and nasty with the turbo sound coming out of it.

I just got this thing about a month ago. Love it. I got it because of the Turbo setup and have enjoyed it. It gets alot of looks due to the sound of it. I love the looks people make when the "flup flup" of the wastegate goes off in their window. Priceless.

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

Last edited:

Glides

Very nice! Just make sure you get some protection for the FMIC.

Thank you. I've just been lazy. My brother has benders, a brake and a mig/tig setup. I just haven't dragged my rear end down there and made a brushguard yet.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Tried to upload my Tundra and 89 hilux, but all that would attach is wifeys 01 Taco with elocker, 3" Revtek and 285 BFG MTs. This thing goes almost anywhere. Seven years and no repair bills!

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 121

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Here are the 03 Tundra with f+r ARB lockers, 6" RCD suspension, 35" MTZs, intake, throttlebody spacer etc... and the 89 Hilux with 4" Procomp based suspension, 5.39 gears, 35" X-terrains, Arb front, cammed and headered 22RE and Safari snorkel... Now for the bad news... All are currantly being enjoyed by others as I needed a 1 ton...:( Oh well. Soon I'll get another Toyota project.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0172_1.JPG
    DSC_0172_1.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 168

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy