Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
yup, poor taste indeed.

My opinion; most of the focus of the forum is lost with a thread like this. ExPo is not a place to show how much money you've dumped into your "rig", or brag about your education/ income.

All I can do is shake my head when I see photos of people's shiny vehicles, with winches and snorkels, sitting in a parking lot...

different strokes for different folks, I guess :rolleyes:

lets get back to photos of functional vehicles in beautiful landscapes...

bobDog

Expedition Leader
yup, poor taste indeed.

My opinion; most of the focus of the forum is lost with a thread like this. ExPo is not a place to show how much money you've dumped into your "rig", or brag about your education/ income.

All I can do is shake my head when I see photos of people's shiny vehicles, with winches and snorkels, sitting in a parking lot...

You know i see a lot of great stuff at gas stops, food places etc. I never think they park there to pose. I just know we all have to fuel, eat and see the local fare we came for. Not going to the moon, just exploring the planet we live on:coffeedrink:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
yup, poor taste indeed.

They all start out pretty! Once upon a time, my rig was pretty in a parking lot. I think it still is, but that may work kinda like a mama looking at an ugly baby and thinking its beautiful!

Photog

Explorer
Well if someone is going to toot their own whistle on a forum, .............Bragging about a degree is like bragging about how much money one makes, and is not only uncalled for but not good social etiquette.........QUOTE]

That is the first time I have seen Alex mention his degree. I suspect he was suggesting that his education didn't provide any particular level of fabrication skill, over anyone else. I really don't think he was bragging.

He does clean the 4Runner up, every now & then (for pictiures). The two 4Runners are their daily drivers, along with trail duties.

This thread is to post pics of your 4Runners. So now I will post mine, and see how much ********** I can attract.:)

IV8E0413crsmaller.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IV8E3327a-1.jpg

IV8E3401cs.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

rovingowl

Observer
photog- are you running goodyear silent armors? if so, how do you like them? impressions?

thanks and great looking pics and truck!

Photog

Explorer
photog- are you running goodyear silent armors? if so, how do you like them? impressions?

thanks and great looking pics and truck!

Only one post, as I don't want to Hi-Jack the thread with a tire discussion.:)

Goodyear Silent Armor tires:
They do not look vary agressive, so the visual appeal is low. But the functional value is very high. They have exceeded all my expectations for bad weather and road conditions. They have done very well on the wet and rockey trails in the Pacific Northwest. Shallow mud has been no problem. The thick & sticky stuff is trouble for most tires. They are excellent on the pavement, and are still going after 70,000 miles. They have survived the washboards and rocks of the western states and Death Valley.

Very pleased and highly recommended.:)

Last edited:
They all start out pretty! Once upon a time, my rig was pretty in a parking lot. I think it still is, but that may work kinda like a mama looking at an ugly baby and thinking its beautiful!

I thought your truck was muy bonita sitting in a parking lot, thus driving me to find you on here! :sombrero:

AlexJet

Explorer
I'm just wondering if those mud terrains were only used for hardcore mall crawlin???

Of course no. I just thought it would be nice and clean shot. I see what off-road pictures I have, usually I'm not shooting myself as I'm driving, so others should have pictures of me.

winch wench

Adventurer
Alex - love your rig....i can see that you have spent a lot of time and money getting it to where you want it to be....i have done the same with my fj...

occasionally my rig is squeaky clean....but most of the time its dirty...

and yes, i take pics of mine when its clean and post them...and when im on the trail, its pretty hard to take pics while im doing a water obstacle or rock stairs...

ExPo, meet Arlo.

This is him two weeks ago down on the Gulf:

IMG_0962.jpg

...and Ozark fall color in late Oct:

IMG_0890.jpg

...and earlier this summer above Pagosa Springs, CO:

IMG_0565_2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member