Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

lofreqjeff

Observer
Updated pics - just finished installing a Blazeland Long Travel:
IMAG0877.jpg

DSC09218.jpg

DSC09224.jpg

DSC09236.jpg

DSC09241.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
sweet, another blazeland kit. i have had mine for a few months now and love it. now my rear cant keep up with the front. what torsion bars are you running? im still on stock t bars and want to upgrade for a little more lift

lofreqjeff

Observer
sweet, another blazeland kit. i have had mine for a few months now and love it. now my rear cant keep up with the front. what torsion bars are you running? im still on stock t bars and want to upgrade for a little more lift

Awesome - I just finished it on Friday and put it through its paces yesterday. Just like you, I need to do something to the rear so it can keep up. I've read on a few other forums where people have swapped in a T-100 rear axle.... sounds like a good idea since the front CV's are from a T-100 anyway - would be the same width. My only concern is if my 4Runner 3rd would fit since its been re-geared and has a locker and all that - I don't want to have to start over with all that but will if I have to. I took it out to a place that I wheel all the time and I noticed a huge difference in the way it handles in the sandy washes - the back is all over the place, guessing because the front width is so much wider the rear tires bouce back and forth in and out of the tracks from the front tires.

I have some Old Man Emu t-bars - at one point my entire suspension was OME but the guy I got the Blazeland from threw in the Bilsteins as part of the package.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Awesome - I just finished it on Friday and put it through its paces yesterday. Just like you, I need to do something to the rear so it can keep up. I've read on a few other forums where people have swapped in a T-100 rear axle.... sounds like a good idea since the front CV's are from a T-100 anyway - would be the same width. My only concern is if my 4Runner 3rd would fit since its been re-geared and has a locker and all that - I don't want to have to start over with all that but will if I have to. I took it out to a place that I wheel all the time and I noticed a huge difference in the way it handles in the sandy washes - the back is all over the place, guessing because the front width is so much wider the rear tires bouce back and forth in and out of the tracks from the front tires.

I have some Old Man Emu t-bars - at one point my entire suspension was OME but the guy I got the Blazeland from threw in the Bilsteins as part of the package.

i just did wheel spacers in the rear but it still not as wide as the front. i did this for a reason because i am still able to stuff the rear tire into the fender. if i went with a wider axle, i would loose that. looks like if you want the t100 axle, you have to use all of its parts include diff. even tho they are both 8 inch. the mounting bolts are larger in diameter

how do you like the OME bars with blazeland? i dont want it to be too stiff since i do more slow crawling stuff. my rear is basically stock with OME shocks and Zuk mod using 99 4runner rear coil over springs stuffed inbetween lower and upper bump stops.
i just picked up a pair of chevy 63 for the rear but need to get the mounting kit so i can install it. heard good and bad about 63 but i have to see for myself. hope it works out.

bubble

Newbie here, thought I'd show off current progress on a couple of homemade bumpers that i'm working on for a 2001 Double Cab Hilux & a 1993 Surf. Pipework should go on the Hilux tonight and with any luck will get them in for powder coating next week. Also have Runva 9500lb winches ready to be bolted in.
Hilux & Surf progress.jpg

lofreqjeff

Observer
i just did wheel spacers in the rear but it still not as wide as the front. i did this for a reason because i am still able to stuff the rear tire into the fender. if i went with a wider axle, i would loose that. looks like if you want the t100 axle, you have to use all of its parts include diff. even tho they are both 8 inch. the mounting bolts are larger in diameter

how do you like the OME bars with blazeland? i dont want it to be too stiff since i do more slow crawling stuff. my rear is basically stock with OME shocks and Zuk mod using 99 4runner rear coil over springs stuffed inbetween lower and upper bump stops.
i just picked up a pair of chevy 63 for the rear but need to get the mounting kit so i can install it. heard good and bad about 63 but i have to see for myself. hope it works out.

Thats a good point about stuffing the rear tires and a wider axle. I actully had the ZUK man himself install his famous mod on my truck when I had it over at his shop getting a locker installed a few years ago. It has been a great fix for what I used the truck for back then but the coils are part of my issue with the rear - they limit the articulation enough to where I think I'm going to take them off until then just put them back on when I need the extra support. I have some 2" spacers for the rear, but haven't put them on yet - they may be my perminant solution.

I have some 63" chevy leafs in the garage that I need to throw on there someday - sooner than later now - and I feel the same about them; I've heard they are the greatest thing ever and that it is the most worthless mod ever - only time will tell though.

As for the OME t-bars - they were great with the previous stock suspension set up I had with some 1.5" BJ Spacers. They were great on the trails, hills, rocks-everything. They are great for on road driving too since they are a stiffer than the stocks, but not too stiff. And since I havn't had a sway bar for over 8 years, anything that helps with on-road stability is good since I drive the truck to and from trails. But how I feel about them with the Blazeland - so far so good but I've only had on the trail once with the new set up - again, only time will tell - but right now, I couldn't be happier :)

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Thats a good point about stuffing the rear tires and a wider axle. I actully had the ZUK man himself install his famous mod on my truck when I had it over at his shop getting a locker installed a few years ago. It has been a great fix for what I used the truck for back then but the coils are part of my issue with the rear - they limit the articulation enough to where I think I'm going to take them off until then just put them back on when I need the extra support. I have some 2" spacers for the rear, but haven't put them on yet - they may be my perminant solution.

I have some 63" chevy leafs in the garage that I need to throw on there someday - sooner than later now - and I feel the same about them; I've heard they are the greatest thing ever and that it is the most worthless mod ever - only time will tell though.

As for the OME t-bars - they were great with the previous stock suspension set up I had with some 1.5" BJ Spacers. They were great on the trails, hills, rocks-everything. They are great for on road driving too since they are a stiffer than the stocks, but not too stiff. And since I havn't had a sway bar for over 8 years, anything that helps with on-road stability is good since I drive the truck to and from trails. But how I feel about them with the Blazeland - so far so good but I've only had on the trail once with the new set up - again, only time will tell - but right now, I couldn't be happier :)

how are the coil overs limiting your travel? i increased in height with mine and can still stuff it as much as stock. droop was increased only because i have OME shocks which are longer. if anything you should i have gain travel. now your not gonna get more droop with long shocks than OME because the stock shackle and leaf spring can go drop so much.
i think the 63 will work great for us since most of the guys doing the 63s have 4+ inch lifts up front and the 63s only gives 2-3 inches of lift. so they run blocks and tend to expect more i guess. with me i just need more droop and 63s droop like no tomorrow

looks like i maybe getting some OME t bars. but keep me update on them. i too have been running no sway bars and noticed a little more roll but im not racing my runner around corners lol even tho i try sometimes.

Telcobilly

Observer
Just bought this '08 with 59xxx miles in Boulder this week. Base model with 4wd, 4.0l V6, 5spd auto, power widows/locks/cruise ect. I wanted the cheap rims because the first upgrade will be new ones. I want replacement bumpers f/r and will get them in about 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

d948cf69fc76a1d112f0dbc8dce98323.jpg

1a3ae3108711158f6af327e59f20b45e.jpg

My utility shell is going in from my old truck (which I'm keeping) I actually live in the shell when I'm not on a rig. I'm exploring in Colorado right now.

old rig:
87B9F270-8A8A-4D35-A1D6-A1C6A37B1B63-6640-00000669538E2B32.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal