SigJoe Build and intro

SigJoe

This is my first real 4x4 truck and I've always wanted a 4Runner or older FJ. I've always enjoyed off-roading and being out in the woods and now I'm at a point in my life I can do it. I started moding my rig back in January of 2015 and have since added a Toytec Boss lift, BF Goodrich K02's, Spod to run my electronics, Gobi rack, Shrockworks bumpers and sliders and a Warn M8000 with synthetic 3/8" rope.
image.jpeg
image.jpg
I plan on adding a Vhf/uhf radio in the near future some ARB drawers, Safari snorkel and a Tepui RTT. Once I get the RTT I want to start taking my kids camping. Anyways I've been lurking for a while and I really enjoy the forum so figured I'd join and share my rig.

sn_85

Observer
Nice rig but is all that necessary for Florida? Plus you don't need a RTT to take your kids camping. Why don't you take them camping first and then decide if you actually the NEED the RTT.

Clymber

Adventurer
Nice rig but is all that necessary for Florida? Plus you don't need a RTT to take your kids camping. Why don't you take them camping first and then decide if you actually the NEED the RTT.

is any of the stuff we put on our trucks really necessary. Im sure in Florida they have some water crossings for the snorkel and to me driving thru sand is as bad as mud, once you sink you are screwed so the winch is needed sliders are definite for jacking and to prevent damage from ton of stuff;

The RTT is a big expense to drop you may want to see if there is a place to rent one in your area or put a post up on here or whatever forum you are on and see if there is a person that will let you rent theirs for a weekend to see if the family likes it,. unless of course they are used to camping then get one. They are ton faster to setup and put away then a ground tent, and less like for creatures to crawl into than a ground tent

SigJoe

I have access to almost 500,000 acres that has water crossings, mud holes and sand pits. So yes I can utilize the equipment as needed. I also travel with my rig to the mountains very often. As for the RTT. Yes it's a huge expense and it's something I've wanted for a while now. I'm sure I'd only use it less than 30 days per year. I'm planning a trip to the Dakotas in the near future and thought it would be cool to camp out of my rig while I'm out there.

Clymber

Adventurer
Look in the for sale section there are always RTT for sale in there. Craigslist is another good spot to search

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy