Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

bob

Adventurer
weight

With 26 gallons of water, 7 gallons of propane, two solar batteries, spare 35 inch tire and wheel it weighed in at 2020 pounds. A little heavier than I had wanted, but it is way over built in numerous places. Frame, upper walls, plywood. Fiberglass is way over built also.

But it still seems to tow easier than the box trailers. It looks like better gas milage, but will not know that until I take it on a point to point trip, most likely next weekend. I think I can cut 300 pounds out of it with no less strength.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Sounds really, really nice Bob. It seems they always end up heavier, kind of an unspoken rule.

I hate to be a pain in the ***, but you said you'd post pictures, and it's been quite awhile. I know you're really busy bob, but we're all busy, and its unfair to the huddled masses, that open this updated thread, time and time again, to find no damn pictures.

I don't want to get into this he said, she said, thing, I just want some damn pictures with the damn updates. It's like waking up on Christmas morning, racing downstairs at lightspeed, only to discover the fat bastard didn't leave you jack under the tree. Its becoming increasingly irritating .

I hope that this issue can be resolved in a timely fashion.

With warmest regards,

Your Faithful Followers of the Skersfan ShuttlePod build

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
What are you trying to say, Pat?..

:xxrotflma

And you say I'm nuts? I know Bob's been entertaining ideas for the graphics design to apply to the sides.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
:xxrotflma

And you say I'm nuts? I know Bob's been entertaining ideas for the graphics design to apply to the sides.

No where, in any of my post, do I claim to be "normal"....and you of all people, my friend, should know that!...:ylsmoke:

NOW GO GET THE DAMN CAMERA AND TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!!!

:friday:

TacoDell

Adventurer
No where, in any of my post, do I claim to be "normal"....and you of all people, my friend, should know that!...:ylsmoke:

NOW GO GET THE DAMN CAMERA AND TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!!!

:friday:
X2 wit' 'dat...

hellomulticolor.gif
hypno.gif

a little motivation :D

photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif

photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif

photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif
photo.gif

bob

Adventurer
I will throw myself on the sword.

Sorry guys I am just not good at putting these things on the internet, I have to depend on others to do it. I have opened a photobucket account so hopefully I will learn how to do it.

Still no graphics, not awning, just a lot of siliconing, working on sink drain, and the dump station system I am using. I hope to have some pictures tomorrow. It has been rainey and cold, so have stayed out of the garage,, until the heater is fully installed. Damned building permits!!!!!

bob

Adventurer
Thanks Cowboy, I know you are in the middle of a new one, any sneek peeks yet?

Tomorrow the pod goes in for graphics, finally decided on one. Not to terribly happy with it, but need to get some color on it. I finished the sink and drain system, picked up the fuel roto packs today and the slider for the fridge. Now just have to save a small fortune for the fridge. One good thing is that the AC I will be using only requires a single Honda 2000, I was afraid I would have to buy another one. That saves a thousand bucks.

I am headed to Julian, California for an overland event. It will be the trailers first exposure to the world so to speak. Allthough I get stopped every single time I take it out of the yard by someone wanting to know where I bought it. I have one guy that says he wants one no matter the cost. Maybe I will only have to build one, evil in me.

I should have pricing figured out by the middle of next week. I will be requesting a vendors agreement from Expedition Portal. I doubt I get it.

I hope to have pictures of the graphics tomorrow and real camping pictures by the end of the weekend.

Sorry for the delay on picture updates, just have been busy with my real job and will be again tomorrow.

Sorry again Pat, but you most likely have not been good enought to get anything anyway.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Oh Contraire ol'Bobarooski!!

a "little bird' sent me a sneak peek of the graphic...:ylsmoke:

l o o k i n' g o o d ! !

I think it'll be perfect

loren85022

Explorer
Boy Titan, you finally said what we've all been thinking....mo pics! Now a lil birdie shares with you, and look at yourself....no repost! Lil birdie back at ya!

wikid

Adventurer
Bob needs a little photo posting help. I opened a photobucket account for him and will need to do a little training.
Here are some updated pics

Great job on the trailer. I personally like the style of this trailer. Knowing Bob , this thing is built for action. He has lots of experience with what works and why. This would look great behind my truck :)

accessoryplacement004.jpg

He wants opinions about the placement of the Rotopaks
I gave him mine already, but other opinions would be good

accessoryplacement001.jpg

accessoryplacement003.jpg

accessoryplacement006.jpg

accessoryplacement008.jpg

blurry but you get the idea
accessoryplacement009.jpg

accessoryplacement011.jpg

accessoryplacement007.jpg

accessoryplacement012.jpg

accessoryplacement002.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
But Bob doesn't need a photobucket account when he's got us!
:elkgrin:

It's gonna be really nice to see some pics of that trailer in the wild. Graphics are looking good. Bob already said that big Rotopax can isn't going on the side, right? Maybe it would look better across the front under the window and behind the spare tire...

Darnit, we need some trailer smileys! :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven