Snow Peak Addiction

hochung

Adventurer
ahhh, so that was you! LOL

Enjoy the goodies. I really like the feel of the bamboo table.

I think that many of these products are beyond the means of the typical overlander's budget.

So you think the typical overlander is broke? damn. I hope you are wrong on this one. We've sold many IGT setups. Some buy everything at once, some buy one item at a time. But the price tag didn't really seem to be an issue. They just had to have it.

Yes, my setup is probably over a grand. But that's less than most people's mountain bikes. It's less than most people's rifle scopes. It's less than most people's trailers. It's less than the roof top tents. You get the idea. We all spend crazy money on all kinds of stuff. In the big picture, the IGT pricing isn't that crazy. Again, how badly do you want it? that's the question.

What you saw at the shop was the new Cast Iron Duo Cooker. I'll post up more photos later on our website, but for now, this is the guy:

cast_iron_duo_cooker.jpg

I think it'll work for the dolsot bibimbap. You made it sound like you enjoy good food. Post up some photos from this weekend and make us hungry!

hochung

Adventurer
The duo cooker I show above is available. In stock.

The discontinued model is the Dutch oven 24. It's a larger model.

Hafwit

Adventurer
It was me. Now I will have to wear dark sunglasses the next time I come by your shop for a visit. Did you come up with a price for the Duo Cooker....I may NEED to get one.

Cheers,
Greg

Salue

Adventurer
Oh I am aware of the prices and yet I still NEED the setup. I plan on doing it slowly; already have the Baja Burner and am thinking of the single bbq box but have been procrastinating because I heard through the grapevine there was a gas version in the works.
Ho's right in that many people purchase other high price gear (RTT, trailers, lights, etc.) and you don't hear too much complaint about pricing. When it comes to cooking equipment they feel that the Snow Peak stuff is too much?
It's all personal preference and for me I like to eat well and use good cooking equipment. I don't need a RTT on top of my tipsy Cruiser; a ground tent will do fine. But, when I cook, I NEED to get me some good Snow Peak gear!

Cheers,
Salue

Keep the pics coming, I may end up purchasing this IGT sooner than expected!

Hafwit

Adventurer
Maybe I don't NEED it as badly as I thought.......at least not YET. After all, I do have some nice Lodge cast iron cookware that is already nicely seasoned and seems to do the job. If I want to be a bibimbap traditionalist, do you know where I can find one of the Korean stone bowls for sale in the L.A. area instead?

Thanks,
Greg

hochung

Adventurer
Salue, I heard through a more credible grapevine that the gas version isn't happening. :) Sorry. :(

Maybe I don't NEED it as badly as I thought.......at least not YET.

So, $160 is too much... and it's above the average overlander's budget.... I hear you.

The stone pots are readily available at most Korean markets in So Cal. There's S-MART near our shop on Torrance x Crenshaw. They are new, and I don't know if they have the stone pots, but worth a visit. while there, also check for the cheap butane gas canisters. If S-MART doesn't have the stone pots, go south on crenshaw to Sepulveda. Make a right, and on your left hand side you'll see "HANNAM CHAIN" or "WORLD MARKET".... right by Dennys. They have the stone pots for sure.

or, better yet, maybe find yourself a Korean girlfriend?

Hafwit

Adventurer
Ho, I will check out those sources. As for the Korean girlfriend.....my wife would kill me--but thanks for the suggestion, anyhow.

Cheers,
Greg

Salue

Adventurer
Salue, I heard through a more credible grapevine that the gas version isn't happening. :) Sorry. :(
QUOTE]

Disappointing to hear; I guess I don't have to wait for it anymore. I think I'll treat myself to the bbq box for this coming camping season then!

Cheers,
Salue

Hafwit

Adventurer
Ho,
Thanks for the suggestions. I went to both Korean stores today. They didn't have the stone bowl at S-Mart, but they did at the other place. I did get some marinades to try for my next batch of bulgogi and kalbi, and I have two versions of bibimbap sauce to compare. We didn't get around to using the IGT this weekend, but we will do so soon and post some pictures. By the way, S-Mart has a 4 pack of the butane cans on sale for $3.99 at present--the best price I have seen yet.

Cheers,
Greg

jerdog53

Explorer
Who has or has used one of the pack and carry fireplaces? I have had Snow Peak Envy fore some time this is one of the items of interest to me along with the Micro Pot dutch oven and chop stix.....

tradman

Observer
Who has or has used one of the pack and carry fireplaces? I have had Snow Peak Envy fore some time this is one of the items of interest to me along with the Micro Pot dutch oven and chop stix.....

I've got the large size pack and carry. Like it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk