SnowPeak chairs

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Well I'm to the point where I need some chairs. I have some but you have to sit on the ground to use them. While they are awesome and comfortable for hours of sitting around on you duff I would like something nice. Perhaps a Kermit chair, or someone said they were making something similar but I have yet to see it. So I knew of the SnowPeak gear for a while now and they have what look ti be nice chairs. Though I don't know of anyone that has used them,,,,, so anyone? They all look nice I really like the bamboo folders.

http://www.snowpeak.com/lux/living/chair/index.html

Aaron

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
A while back I was looking at those SP Bamboo chairs. While comfortable they were a bit heavy and bulky when folded. In addition, I can't imagine why they would use white canvas on a camping chair? I've been looking at the Kermit's but a few things keep holding me back, the price, some assembly required and the fact that they are too low to the ground to place coals under them on a cold night (old camping trick to keep a warm backside:shakin: ). I'm still holding my old Target special chairs together, but am going to need to break down at some point and decide.

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I have been looking at those chairs as well.

Snow Peak makes good gear, but I have not seen the chairs in person, or had the chance to sit in one.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
FWIW: I have owned a pair of these for going on 3-years now. No plastic joints to fall apart (which originally led me to these chairs); incredibly comfortable (none of that dreaded under middle thigh discomfort like most of the typical cheap fold up camp chairs); high supportive back for further relaxing; you can sit in them in total comfort for as long as you like; relatively light, compact and affordable. I am hard on equipment and these see regular use/abuse and they are still in perfect shape.

I'm 5'10"/190 and they fit great; Sandy my partner is 5'2" and about a buck twenty and they're comfortable for her; a buddy who is 6'2"/250 sat in them in total comfort too...

My only nit: They're a little too reclined for eating at a table...but that's the choice you'll have to make with any chair that's a little more reclined and comfortable for lounging: Convenience for comfort trade-off. But nothing beats these with a nice cold beverage of choice in your hand at the end of a long dusty day on the trail for kicking back and totally relaxing!

http://www.rei.com/product/736883

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
spressomon said:
FWIW: I have owned a pair of these for going on 3-years now. No plastic joints to fall apart (which originally led me to these chairs); incredibly comfortable (none of that dreaded under middle thigh discomfort like most of the typical cheap fold up camp chairs); high supportive back for further relaxing; you can sit in them in total comfort for as long as you like; relatively light, compact and affordable. I am hard on equipment and these see regular use/abuse and they are still in perfect shape.

I'm 5'10"/190 and they fit great; Sandy my partner is 5'2" and about a buck twenty and they're comfortable for her; a buddy who is 6'2"/250 sat in them in total comfort too...

My only nit: They're a little too reclined for eating at a table...but that's the choice you'll have to make with any chair that's a little more reclined and comfortable for lounging: Convenience for comfort trade-off. But nothing beats these with a nice cold beverage of choice in your hand at the end of a long dusty day on the trail for kicking back and totally relaxing!

http://www.rei.com/product/736883

I've sat it these too. These chairs are extremely comfortable. Just the right amount of reclination, but as noted, probably too much to eat at a table.

I've always held steadfast to the belief that a camp chair is not a camp chair unless it has a cup holder.

I've passed up on so many other chairs that didn't have this all-to-important feature; however, this was the first one that's made me think about getting one anyway.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
The Kermit chairs can be fitted with height extensions (little leg extenders) for eating at a table, or those toasty coals :shakin:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
tdesanto said:
I've sat it these too. These chairs are extremely comfortable. Just the right amount of reclination, but as noted, probably too much to eat at a table.

I've always held steadfast to the belief that a camp chair is not a camp chair unless it has a cup holder.

I've passed up on so many other chairs that didn't have this all-to-important feature; however, this was the first one that's made me think about getting one anyway.

Agreed on the cup holder. That's been on "my list" for awhile. Since I don't have any large rig projects looming (that I know of anyway ;-) this year I might actually get cup holders attached.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
expeditionswest said:
The Kermit chairs can be fitted with height extensions (little leg extenders) for eating at a table, or those toasty coals :shakin:

WOW! I had no idea that they had leg extensions, this may have just made my mind up. Cup holders even, what else could one ask for:) Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.kermitchair.com/

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:

I briefly owned a Kermit chair, with the leg extensions. I ended up returning it. My principal objection: the chair becomes wobbly with the extensions attached. Also, and this will depend on your body's track width, but the Kermit chairs are a tad on the narrow side.

Bergger

Explorer
While I've never sat in that particular snow peak chair I have been shopping around for a while now. I've tried numerous chairs in that style and I don't find the back support very good. There is not a lot of fabric on the back compared to other chairs. I think I've narrowed down my choice the the Alps Mountaineering Camp chair. Very, very comfortable and can be found for half the price of the Snow Peak Chair. Also appears to be of very good quality and has a great warranty. I'd really try some different chairs out to find the most comfortable for you. Especially if you plan on spending that much cash on one. Definitely go sit in this Alps chair.

CampChair.jpg

targa88

Explorer
Bergger said:
... the Alps Mountaineering Camp chair. Very, very comfortable and can be found for half the price of the Snow Peak Chair. Also appears to be of very good quality and has a great warranty. I'd really try some different chairs out to find the most comfortable for you. Especially if you plan on spending that much cash on one. Definitely go sit in this Alps chair.

CampChair.jpg

The question is where can you find such a chair in Canada?

Last edited:

HDM

Observer
the bamboo chairs from snow peak are well made, fold up nicely, are easy to carry, and super stable. not cheap, of course. they look nice, too. some might find them a bit tight on hip room, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy