So I'm buying a van...

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Doesn't sound like you've had a Poptop! Loading issues? Huh? Counter issues? Not for stealth? My Poptop interior is the same as the non-Poptop Eurovan MV. Same table/counter height, same loading, same queen bed for the main bed, I just get an EXTRA bed and standing room "only when you want it". The Poptop also adds great ventilation for leaving a dog in the car. I pop it up all the time in the city.

I also pop the top with two heavy British sea kayaks on top, just don't have pics.

IMG_7424.jpg

Who is doing pop tops for $9k?

Cole

Expedition Leader
I also pop the top with two heavy British sea kayaks on top, just don't have pics.

Fwiw, we were talking Vanagons, which didn't come stock with any Poptop assistance struts. Though there are aftermarket kits now.

My Eurovan top is also pre-gas strut and any weight on the roof makes it nearly impossible to lift.

HoboJen

Adventurer
I am pleased to announce that I have finally, yes finally, bought a van. On Wednesday, I got a 2002 Ford E150 cargo with 117k miles that already has the following built out: roof vent, aux battery and inverter, wood floors, counter top with sink and pump, a bed that hinges up with storage underneath. And it's well insulated.

So, a big thanks to everyone here for all the advice I received! This has truly been one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make (first world problems). I'm looking forward to many fun adventures for this beast!

I'm having trouble uploading a couple of photos I took, but hopefully soon...

HoboJen

Adventurer
10379572_10202175184691326_5714081521877409470_o.jpg

10407879_10202175186051360_3388480679231092469_n.jpg

happy dog..
10561730_10202175187931407_7630941474068881602_n.jpg

and none of these photos show the ceiling.. there's wood up there with reflectix underneath, and LED lights run along the center.

Campbulance

Observer
What a truely epic advice thread. I only read the first page but wow. Stacking up over 50 pages for advice is awesome. Congrats on the purchase. I am looking into a camping van also and will thumb through this some more. Looks like a great start.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Congrats

It's about damn time woman :sombrero: Now get that beast on the road and start posting some pics of what it was bought for!!!! As a fellow yaker I can tell you that I am soooooo ready to be back home and using my newly acquired beast too. To be honest I really like the simplicity of your rig and miss my Sprinter but I will give this a go and see how it works out, beauty is I can always sell it and get something else:elkgrin:(I am kinda looking forward to having a hot shower on hand after some of the brutal early season cold runs and esp for the New Years Day run, BRRRRRRRRRRRR)

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 40

Cole

Expedition Leader
Looks like it was probably a pretty reasonable choice. Can't wait to see it on the road.

HoboJen

Adventurer
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to getting out there...

jb1rd - your rig is a beast! Looks awesome and those showers will be pretty great.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Very cool. Shows that a bit of patience can land you quite the rig.

Pics with boats, and at camp, please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach