Solving the gas Crisis - 95 Discovery I

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
As soon as I drove our Puma 110 I got the diesel addiction. The smell, sound, and rugged feel of a Tdi is the most appealing thing there is.

BUT! The D2 is an exception trail truck, and since I have around $20k into it, it doesn't make much sense to sell it yet. I have had a few offers in the past couple months though after unveiling the D1 haha.

Ray_G

Explorer
Zack-
Now I see what the console was for...I was wondering what your master plan was with it in your Dii...little did I know.

245/75's MT's is what I rolled with for VOT; with a 300TDi and a mild lift that would probably be about perfect. I moved up to 255/85's which is my fav tire for the D1 but I'd be worried it would be a bit underpowered even with good gearing for the TDi.

Nice truck, good luck with the build!
r-
Ray

overlander

Expedition Leader
As soon as I drove our Puma 110 I got the diesel addiction. The smell, sound, and rugged feel of a Tdi is the most appealing thing there is.

BUT! The D2 is an exception trail truck, and since I have around $20k into it, it doesn't make much sense to sell it yet. I have had a few offers in the past couple months though after unveiling the D1 haha.

once you drive the tdi, you will drive it daily. then you will drive the D2 less. then you wont drive the D2. then your wife will say "if you dont drive it, get rid of it." you will argue. then your friends will offer you lowball cash for it. you will decline. you will still be driving the tdi daily. then you will want more gear for the tdi. you will look at the D2 one day and say to it "I need to sell you because the tdi needs a winch and bullbar!". then you will call a friend and you will accept less than he offered. then you will buy the tdi a bullbar and winch...and you will drive it daily.

GLWS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Zack-
Now I see what the console was for...I was wondering what your master plan was with it in your Dii...little did I know.

245/75's MT's is what I rolled with for VOT; with a 300TDi and a mild lift that would probably be about perfect. I moved up to 255/85's which is my fav tire for the D1 but I'd be worried it would be a bit underpowered even with good gearing for the TDi.

Nice truck, good luck with the build!
r-
Ray

Thanks for the console Ray! I too love 255/85s, but I'll keep those on my D2... I want super skinny tires for the D1

once you drive the tdi, you will drive it daily. then you will drive the D2 less. then you wont drive the D2. then your wife will say "if you dont drive it, get rid of it." you will argue. then your friends will offer you lowball cash for it. you will decline. you will still be driving the tdi daily. then you will want more gear for the tdi. you will look at the D2 one day and say to it "I need to sell you because the tdi needs a winch and bullbar!". then you will call a friend and you will accept less than he offered. then you will buy the tdi a bullbar and winch...and you will drive it daily.

GLWS

Haha! My "wife"(ex-girlfriend that I live with) loves driving the D2. The D1 is being built as a "reliable" daily driver. I will eventually 4 link my D2 and have it mostly for trail duty.

Of course I still have the 600RR for getting to work...on time.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Haha! My "wife"(ex-girlfriend that I live with) loves driving the D2. The D1 is being built as a "reliable" daily driver. I will eventually 4 link my D2 and have it mostly for trail duty.

Of course I still have the 600RR for getting to work...on time.

if that helps you sleep at night. enjoy the D2 during buildup. will look for sale thread 60-90 days after tdi is rolling. 120 if you are really emotional. it will hurt, but not for long.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Haha! The only way the D2 is getting sold is if I can get a D90/110 to replace it...

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Well it's spring now...it's snowing...but it's spring.

So today the Fox shocks get installed, as well as our galvanized shock towers. When the springs come in, they'll be installed.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
I like where you are heading with this. Take it off the road in the winter. You can already see the spec rust on the door hinges. If you want to keep it long term, no salt.

And no, the radiator muff does very little except when on the highway in the cold. Webasto/Espar is in your future. You are now on the slippery slope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven