Solving the gas Crisis - 95 Discovery I

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
So basically I shouldn't drive it in the winter.... haha.

Anyways, for now(summer) the new Fox shocks are on. Front / Rear . I don't have the springs yet, but will install those when I get them. Also installed our galvanized shock towers for a little corrosion resistance.

Q9EOflW.jpg

zrGpSGu.jpg

cSG0P3k.jpg

2DqEiDJ.jpg

bNIwlVX.jpg

Fc8FC5C.jpg

KyQxKrx.jpg

bXiCZJQ.jpg

6EJYrsb.jpg

luckyjoe

Adventurer
Save the D1 stock rear springs - their progressive spring rate is really nice in the back of a RRC.

Regarding fitting 750's, you only need to trim this much (from "inside" the wheel well) so you will not even see it!
attachment.php

Tom P.

Last edited:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Thanks Tom, that is helpful! Now I just have to get over looking at the price tag on an XZL :)

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Well it certainly drives great...when it drives. Wouldn't start this morning, guessing fuel pump. Not really trying to put a fuel pump in a vehicle that I'll be converting to an engine that doesn't need one.

Zack the gm pump is like $65 everywhere and is a direct replacement. This is of course if you even want to mess with getting running rather than pulling it apart.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Thanks Doug, the input is appreciated. I now no longer believe it to be the fuel pump, but I haven't narrowed it down. My boss thinks it could be a faulty coolant temp sensor, but it was running really well. The only annoying part of this swap is how insanely nice the current drivetrain is, I've never driven a Rover with such a smooth engine/tranny.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Slow progress lately as I've been pretty busy. Starting to take the engine apart to get it ready for install. Also got the front MD Terrafirma springs delivered(thanks Justin), those will be installed soon. Onto rear main seal, radiator/intercooler, and timing belt...
Rear main appears to be very clean and free of leaks. Just got the flywheel machined locally.

AuOrEiw.jpg

5t1vAxy.jpg

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Never thought to ask but are you replacing the transmission or just the necessary parts to get the shift points req'd for the 300TDi?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Transmission, because in all honesty I hate driving autotragic vehicles. It will be replaced with the proper R380 5 speed. I choose my own shift points!

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
If we had traffic in Vermont, I might consider an autobox. I also prefer auto off-road, but that is what my D2 is for...

Ray_G

Explorer
If we had traffic in Vermont, I might consider an autobox. I also prefer auto off-road, but that is what my D2 is for...

Having had both in the D1 platform I'll say that the auto is a little easier offroad but in truth I've come to love the R380 even in that environment. 4 low, 1st gear-esp with the 300TDi's torque-will take you a LONG ways offroad. Good tires and some traction control, its seriously a good time and nice to have that power control desired on road while offroad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven