Solving the gas Crisis - 95 Discovery I

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Nice, luckily you can do that in Georgia, here in VT it has to be OBD1

In other news, I drove it for the first time yesterday.

TRIARII

Adventurer
Great pics and an awesome build Zack! Hard to believe you sold the Volvo and dedicated everything to Rovers but I admire that! You inspire me in my own projects. Always a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to meeting you (and hopfully your new D1) at Winter Romp.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Thank you Julian, I appreciate the nice words.

This truck is fantastic to drive, I love it. Took it home for the first time last night without issue.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I love this truck, it is hilariously fun to drive and currently turning 22 to the gallon of stop and go on this winter diesel mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sven

Adventurer
Wow, this truck is quite clean underneath. How do you plan on keeping it that way? Waxoyl or ??

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Yessir, it will get the full waxoyl treatment. Have been driving it around a bit to make sure everything was working fine before doing the spray. Lot easier to work on the truck without fresh waxoyl on it!

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Not bad at all once it has dried and hardened. If you spray PB blaster on anything with waxoyl on it, it'll turn into a horrid black liquid that takes forever to clean off your hands.

Otherwise it's not bad, the benefits far outweigh the negative. This truck will go in for Waxoyl on Tuesday of next week, I will post plenty of photos before and after.

Here's one from today, every time I look at this truck I smile. The Disco 1 is becoming so iconic to me, it really was a huge move for Land Rover.
6QbKqFV.jpg

Blueboy

Adventurer
Nice pic Zack and super looking Rover.

Thanks for the information - you have swayed me to getting the Rangie done before we leave Switzerland.

Also have confirmed my desire to get another D1 when we come back home.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Good to hear Blue! Your classic is beyond words clean, and should stay that way.

Good D1s are starting to get hard to find.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Almost makes me wish I kept mine :(

I should have put a 300 in it when the 3.9 blew... instead I put in a built 4.6 and the truck was never right.

It was a Coniston Green '95 originally from Texas, zero rust.

How long until this one encounters its first body damage Zack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven