Soon To Be Owner of H3T Alpha

Awesome H3T RamRod! I've always liked them and would like to own one someday. I really like the shell.

Thanks! I love it!

37's with 430hp at 18mpg highway... I love this thing!

Just a few minor things to sort out and then there will be no way anyone could pry this from my hands!

Just ordered some new Bilsteins for the front. Its turns out that the front Rancho's have a shockingly low amount of front end travel... a measly 2.3" total travel.... well that just wont do!
The Bilsteins that I have ordered up are for a 4-6" lifted Chev Silverado and have more travel at droop and compression then my A-arms will allow for... basically my shocks will stop being the limiting factor and now its using up the total available travel!
A big bonus is that these shocks are already valved for a V8 (like my Alpha has) so I expect these to preform better there as well since Rancho uses the same shocks for V8 and I5 kits....

More to come on that in the coming weeks!

The Hidden Winch set-up that another member on here is building (his build thread clicky) should be done in the coming weeks as well and soon will be on the T! Extremely pumped for that addition!

Spent half the weekend re-working my custom snorkel set up, I have to say this is way more solid then my previous setup and I am stoked to put the finishing touches on it and cross this off the list forever!

• Add a secondary bracket to support the snorkel "arm" along the A-pillar
  • Paint the acorn nuts, washer & the hood vent with box liner or plastidip

Here is a picture of how it currently sits:
snorkel final.jpg

Today I took off the SnugTop canopy for the first time, the plan is to build a roof too tent bed cage to mount the tent on for the summers and run the SungTop during the winter.... Now that I have it off I am not so sure....

Here is a pic, which do you guys like better??
8eguba5u.jpg

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Update:

I picked up some used (and discontinued) 37x12.5r20 BFG A/T's to replace my current fronts! My current fronts are now at 21% tread, these "new" ones are 60% tread. For a $100 for the pair I am happy!

I also picked up some extra steel for the bed cage!
uty3equ6.jpg

Going to try and start that this weekend!

I got a local shop to bend up two pieces to go along the bed rail of my T, from there the bed cage will attach
I also got the same shop to bend me up some steel for the top of my sliders to provide a better surface to stand on making them more functional, especially now that I made a roof rack!

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Yesterday I took the T out for what will prob be my last snow run of the year, had a blast!

The truck spent a lot of time in the water/slush as it got up to 43 degrees and the snow was melting but had no where to run to, so need less to say it made things interesting!

Here are a few poser shots I took while waiting for people to catch up (12 truck total)
2 April 13, 2014.JPG
3 April 13, 2014.JPG
April 13, 2014.JPG
It's funny, by looking at these pics you would think that there is just a skiff of snow (the pics on the old river bed there is just a skiff)... wrong!

If you slip off the trail it will easily swallow up 1/2 to 3/4 of the 37's!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete