Soon To Be Owner of H3T Alpha

Here are a few pics with everything tacked together and sitting on a crate waiting for final welding and paint (waiting to use a MIG as I don't want Fluxcore splatter balls every where hehe)
8urugy2y.jpg
paqa7y2u.jpg

Mocked up on the T
zejy7e2e.jpg
su2a6ave.jpg
utymama5.jpg

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

Thanks, you must have seen me the few times I was there then since I don't make it there often even though my girlfriend teaches at a school in St. Albert

Sneak peak at the RTT mocked up on the rack
edegu8aj.jpg

One more hole to drill, then it's getting primed for some testing to see if there are any changes I want to make before the final coat

Here is some Moar:
Here are some pics of the rack and tent mounted up, all bolts in place and all that is left is painting it with primer tomorrow when the weather warms up enough to paint!

I'm so stoked it all worked out like I had planned!

y4asu9y9.jpg
jy7ary7u.jpg
dyreheva.jpg
agequ6aj.jpg

Here is the tent open up on the drive:

e5aqa2ut.jpg

4ydabeve.jpg

qa4utete.jpg

Thanks!

And to add to the improvements:
I made some much needed improvements to the lighting situation inside the RTT. I added two 16" white LED of either end on independent switches. I didn't want wires tied to the support bars so I picked up some split loop that was just the right size to wrap around the support bars and hide the wire, I am happy with how it turned out, don't really know how I could have done it any other way to make it any cleaner of an install....

Here's a pic if the above description doesn't make sense:

ba6utenu.jpg

Under the foam mattress I added some more foam to soften the bed up some for the GF
segevu6e.jpg

I think I might rotate the tent 180* to open up with the ladder on the drivers side next time I take it apart for final paint...

The tire swing-out needs to open to the passenger side to access the box... and when its open you have to walk around the arm and I could see that being annoying

Thoughts...?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
That's a personal preference. Kudos for making a real hummer. Not a chrome queen. Looks like great rig now!

Now it's time to bring some functional organization to the 50 cubic feet of remaining box space under the tent and cage.

I want safe and secure storage space for times when the truck is parked for hours at a time in-attended.

I also want the gear back there to be covered as best as possible because I know dirt & mud can get shot up into the sides of the box from my tires, but I also want to avoid having gear soaked after a day of driving in rainy weather (this summers road trip is going to mainly take place in Oregon and I am told to expect let's of rain lol)

Lastly I want to divide the box area into two sections. The first section is a tool box that will contain tools recovery gear and other odds and ends, (perhaps a second battery and a ARB Dual compressor one day) and will remain there year round and only taken out when the a completely empty box is required. So with that said I found the perfect used plastic locking tool box this weekend!!!
Here it is:
4umyvu4a.jpg

The second half is going to be the seasonal side. This next photo shows one of the six boxes that are going to be on the other side of the tool box on their own slider and this will be for the seasonal camping supplies, mostly the kitchen, utensils & dry goods and will be most likely taken out for winter. The boxes seem to be very sturdy and are designed to stack on one another
utyhety7.jpg

I am going to try and determine if I can make my own 50" "drawer slides" since the ones you can by are $$$$. I have read about a few different ways of skinning the cat, so I hope I can try a few of them and find one that works to my satisfaction!

More to come as this project develops :)

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Having a variety of boxes like that is so helpful. Looks like you got a good start and will be able to dial in what works best after a few runs. Well Done!

So after tossing three of the green boxes in there I am starting to think that I might just stick with Three green boxes and build a wood drawer underneath that is approx 7-8inches high, that will bring the total height of the "kitchen" side of the box level with the top edge of the truck box
u4e4eva2.jpg

Thiswill allow me to make more specific storage for the stove top, cutlery drawer, storage location for cups plates bowls and cutting board. Then have varied storage in the three bins on top that can slide out separately

Last edited:
I started out today checked to see if the SuperWinch would fit on the winch mount base I bought... After some fandangeling I got it to work out...

Then I decided to try and see if it would fit on the frame rails and if it had enough clearance with some of the supercharger equipment.... It did no prob.... So then I decided to spend an extra hour or so and finish up the install as much as I could

IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/8uqe8y3a.jpg[/IMG]
a9agy9a5.jpg
e8ebybam.jpg
arutyseh.jpg
ga5uha3a.jpg

I have to pick up some cables to finish up the electrical connections for the solenoid relocation, get the right sizes bolt for the Fairhead mount (figure the size and pitch as it's already been threaded) then I can test it out!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete