Spy shots of new Tacoma

paranoid56

Adventurer
I'd prefer they keep the Tacoma here. My neighbor's father is from Mexico and occasionally drives his brand new Hilux up. I have parked my 2nd gen Tacoma next to it and the Hilux is notably smaller.

Sent via fat thumb

and this is why i want the hilux, i want toyota to bring back an actual small truck. the current gen taco is just to damn big. mind as well buy a damn f150 lol

austintaco

Explorer
Fair enough. At a different time, I felt the se way.

Sent via fat thumb

The current Tacoma model now is not much smaller than the previous generation Tundra. If it were to get bigger, Toyota would have a large midsize truck and a full size truck in the American market, leaving the compact or true midsize market to others. That does not please me, but it looks good on paper financially. Americans like things bigger and we are bigger (fat) so we have a slightly different market here. Honestly, I think this is why the bucket seats have become less comfortable. They are made for a wider range of butts than they were in the early 80's.

If they build a hybrid Taco next gen I think they will lose money on it. Its bad enough that my next Taco will have ABS, stability control, power windows, power locks and probably a auto trany.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
ford did just about the same thing by phasing out the ranger a couple years back, and they paid for it with ranger owners either keeping they're rangers or moving on to toyota and nissan instead of buying the F150 as ford planned on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp