Starlink Mini Portable Dish With Integrated Wi-Fi Router

Hegear

Hi guys, finally installed my mini with the trio speed mount and magnets. I also used trios 12v 15ft cable. Wired directly to camper battery’s. Magnets and cable worked great, ran up to 85mph and no problems with the magnets holding. Although the mount was expensive, it works great.

dstock

Explorer
I got my Mini installed this weekend on our FWC Project M using a Striker Fabrication's Mini mount and their batwing extensions. I had to drill one hole in each of the extensions to span the width I needed, super easy, really nice mount.

I still have to finish up the interior wiring, the USB C to DC 5221 adapter I ordered off Amazon despite being PD 100 rated didn't work so I have ordered the Starlink version. The Mini works great in our driveway and we don't have much a northern exposure, so I am pretty happy with it.

i-rn7LbRg-M.jpg
i-ZvG873g-M.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
We've been on a little road trip this weekend and the Mini has been really useful since we left with no plans and have had to basically boondock each night so far because our campsite destinations were all full or closed for the season.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances we ended up looking for someplace to overnight in the dark with no cell coverage so we tossed the dish in the dash of our Transit and it worked great while we were driving around. I did not align it or check for obstructions.

I've been plugging it in to our BioLite Basecamp 1500 charging station with the USB-C cable and after several hours one day, and several yesterday I left it on all night and my BioLite is only down to 70% charge. I also used our Jackery 1000 with the AC cable a few weeks ago and the power consumption was decent.

I've got some mounting hardware I have to try out for the roof but haven't messed with any of it yet, and these are just for while at camp and not for driving. I plan to make my own mount for the roof for driving at some point, but it works so well in the dash I might never get around to it.

smbisig

Adventurer
I wish the Jeep Gladiator had a big enough dash to throw it up there while driving around, it would make things a bit easier than trying to figure out how to run the power cable from the roof rack to the interior of the Jeep (planning & work in progress).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC