Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
HMR said:
Are you sure the guy stole it and wasn't involved in an accident or some other event that would keep him out of contact?

No were are not sure of that. In the event this has occurred we will take the time to retract our statements.

However I get a bad feeling about this. I don't want to go into detail here but I have valid information that Jeremy Deckling is not a trust worthy person, that he is under investigation for a serious crime, and none of his contact phone numbers work.

I didn't take posting this information lightly, I have mulled it over in my mind all of last night and today. I am a very trusting person and want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but right now I feel like I got screwed.

Steve Curren

Explorer
Any idea where he may have been going? I would sure love to spot him and make sure that he was reported to you as well as others.
Please keep us informed so we might assist you.
I am available in the Tucson area should you need anything.

Now that's just not cool. What the heck is wrong with people:smilies27. I hope you guys get justice:gunt:

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Steve Curren said:
Any idea where he may have been going? I would sure love to spot him and make sure that he was reported to you as well as others.
Please keep us informed so we might assist you.
I am available in the Tucson area should you need anything.

Steve

It's difficult to say where he is heading. We do know he had been in Snowflake, AZ.

I talked to him a little about how in demand a good Farrier was out West. He seemed to know the going rates for having a horse shoed. So maybe he's planning on staying around here.

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
Sad to say, possible new AT accessory

logo.gif

spressomon

Expedition Leader
That's just plain ******** depressing Martyn! Sorry for your loss. Hopefully karma will play a roll here...

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Wow...sorry to hear about this.

I certainly hope someone here sees it and calls it into the proper authorities.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Have you filed a police report? Since you haven't mentioned that, I will assume you have not. Here in Oregon, and in California, it is a crime to rent property and fail to return it. In the case of something this valuable it is a felony.

The sooner you can get it reported, the better. I'm assuming you have the VIN of the trailer, and once it has been reported it will be entered in the national system just as if it were a car. If he removes the plates and sells it, when the new owner tries to register or title it, it will show up and you will recover your trailer. But you have a couple of hoops to jump through first, and you need to start immediately.

I've attached the appropriate California law. If you have a friendly relationship with your local police agency, they might figure out a way to get it entered even before it is officially considered stolen, such as entering it as a vehicle of interest, which is just as good but only temporary. Good luck.

JP

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Unfortunately, since he has already been said to be "under suspicion" of Arson, i am going to go with a GUESS here and say that he rented the trailer and took off to Mexico.

Obviously not the brightest plan, but that is my guess on what happened!

Seems that everyone running from something always ends up in mexico

My .02 and i hope you get it back ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater