STUCK pictures

tchughes

Observer
... and this is how my truck got "the funk!"

Photos courtest of Guambomb

Fall2010Expedition289.jpg

Fall2010Expedition295.jpg

Lesson learned = Don't open the door to get out when your floorbboards are below the water line.

My first time out with an ExPo group and I get to witness how everyone quickly worked together to get Leary out of this quickly.

CB comms:

Mr. Leary: This is Leary I'm attempting the mud hole.

seconds later

Mr. Leary: This is Leary I am stuck in the mud hole.

AWESOME.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
75393_576986233421_62002887_32772004_2082632_n.jpg

This is a great example of fine photoshop skills.... because I never get stuck.

Indeed. I believe some unwitting onlooker mistook you being stuck for what you were actually doing... which was taking the hardest line that noone knew was there, then stopping for a little while in the worst part in order to show lesser men how the pros do it!

Unless the photoshop story is what yer stickin' to! :coffeedrink:

I picked up your breather fittings, BTW!

selk78

photo op gone wrong!:victory:

Attachments

• sean's toyota's 028.jpg
    sean's toyota's 028.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 63
  • sean's toyota's 025.jpg
    sean's toyota's 025.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 45
  • sean's toyota's 029.jpg
    sean's toyota's 029.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 56

Pooch72

Adventurer
Here's my story...

My buddy and I were cruising up in the hills above Cle Elum, Washington. Awesome day. Fresh snow, no precipitation in the air, calm, and peaceful. We stopped and enjoyed the scenery.

DSCN0855.jpg

Dave takes the lead, and 2 miles later, I'm seeing red dots between his tire tracks. We stop, and he finds that he's leaking ATF. We freak. Immediate decision to turn around and head back down the mountain. I'm behind Dave, so I turn first.

Before I continue, we're on a posted CLOSED road to automobiles. But a sign can be overlooked by mistake or on purpose. All we've seen on this "road" has been snowmobiles. Lots of them.​

Now, when my back tires left the snow pack from the snowmobiles.... THUMP. I sank to the axle. And, the snow offered no traction at all.

DSCN0856.jpg

I didn't have a winch at that point, neither did Dave. He had a chain-pulley come-along, which we used to pull me out. Took us 2 hours, and we had the road completely blocked off, which pissed off the snowmobile riders.

Since then, I've bought a winch.

Well, Travis, it couldn't have happened to a more opportune guy. I mean, you do have the most amazing shop around.

Matter of fact, I'd imagine it's probably already fixed by now... :smiley_drive:

SafariPacific

Adventurer
Well, Travis, it couldn't have happened to a more opportune guy. I mean, you do have the most amazing shop around.

Matter of fact, I'd imagine it's probably already fixed by now... :smiley_drive:

Thanks, but that doesn't mean I like fixing broken stuff..haha

Yep, its been fixed for a while now. :victory: Just found this thread and thought I'd share my stuck. It was my trip to Panama last year. Yeah, I didn't make it. Haven't updated my build thread in a while, but there's lots of changes that has happened. I'll start posting them up after the Overland Expo.

nightfoam

Adventurer
My first couple of stucks I actually don't have pictures of. Totally unprepared when I was young and dumb. I had no recovery gear. Tow truck for one of those, county sheriff brought out a SAR rig to pull me out of the snow.

I was trying to catch up with a group that had gotten an earlier start for the day while I had to stop at the CB shop. Took me 45 minutes to self-recover with shoveling and the come-along

snowstuckres-1.jpg

Actually in the same area the next summer. Buddy tried to take a shortcut around a down tree. Two hours with the come-along and shovel to get him out of that one...

caseystuck.jpg

Found these dummies stuck in the snow in the Tillamook State Forest in July one year. We watched them try to dig themselves out without accepting our help as the sun set for a while. Then we re-offered to help get them out *or* take their girlfriends back to our campsite to keep them warm by the fire :REOutCampFire03: Then they let us pull them out.

1.jpg

They had only one come-along between the two of them.

2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal