STUCK pictures

cerutti

Observer
1st and only time ive been stuck was my 1st time out back in oct 2011. man my tucks changed sooooo much :D

IMG_1554.jpg

4x4x4doors

Explorer
At Uwharrie. Someone got a little too cocky. Snapped one before I went to pull him out. He got impatient and Hydrolocked the engine. 27096d1301883003-april-2nd-wheelin-uwharrie-dscn5678.jpg

4x4x4doors

Explorer
One of my own. It was raining. It was really past time to hit the road home but decided to do one more thing "real quick".
We drove down a little ways to see what we'd come to see and then proceeded to go back the way we came.

A drift had built up on the Albacore Street ramp which had been no big deal on the way down to the beach but in going up the ramp, we found ourselves high-centered and blocking the ramp. We tried several things to get the truck loose and were in the process of digging as it appeared our only hope was to eliminate the sand drift that had high centered us. The winch didn't help as it wasn't functioning correctly and there was nothing to anchor to. (Note to self: Investigate pull pal.)

While we were digging, we saw a white pickup top the ramp and give us a short blast on the siren. In it were two young men who walked over and took a look and then told us they were headed down to the next ramp and would be back in a few to help get us out.

I continued digging while they circled around and came down the beach from another ramp. We hooked my tow strap to their truck and a gentle pull had us moving again.
imagejpeg_16-2-1024x768.jpg
imagejpeg_15-2-1024x530.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
This isn't my pic but I think it is a pretty radical one! This Blazer is sitting on "44s. Yes, that is a guy's boot next him.

Blazer1.jpg

Dusty-NZ

Observer
An embarrassing stuck on the side of the road. I just wanted to do a U turn, but the local rain got the better of me . I had no idea that all that shingle on the road side was really a drain !

2mgtv9.jpg

Maverick1701

Adventurer
White truck is a 1994.5 7.3PS F350 4x4 w/4.10LS 5-spd 33inBFG M/Ts
pictures taken at "skoolz-out off-road park" (now closed)
I am 6ft 5in tall so that 3rd pic should show how deep my ruts were....took a tractor to get me out.

Black truck is a 1996 7.3PS F350 4x4 w/3.55LS auto 33in BFG M/Ts with T3 truck brand winch replacement bumper with warn 12K winch
pictures taken at a buddys front yard/field while trying to get his truck unstuck....really messy.

239_527194261698_7156_n.jpg
6f6nua.jpg
foot truck stick.jpg
n38702492_33490071_5681.jpg
2wfse9d.jpg
2qbrh35.jpg

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Not exactly hard-core 4 wheeling but anyway.

Camping on the Yule R on the west coast of Oz. Just as I was about to have my afternoon beer a motorhome owner decided that if I could camp out on the sand so could he, after all "that big truck got there".

As soon as I saw the rig heading towards us I knew what would happen so sat and watched. Sure enough instantly bogged. Then he did the usual and tried to get out by revving the engine, thereby burying the rig up to the rear axle.

I went over to have a look but very little gets between me and beer o'clock so I said we'll sort it in the morning. They might be a little off level for the night but it's not like the tide is coming in, there's no reason to panic.

But he was panicking I think and continued to rev and spin so I left him to it.

Next morning

I could winch him out but our truck was not aligned so that would mean packing everything up just to turn it around, so I decide to just dig him out. I suggested airing down (I could pump them back up) but he wasn't into that so I get a couple of shovels out, plus 3 jacks and plenty of jack plates (my hardwood levelling blocks) and we start to lift and pack.

There was no way to jack the axle until the body was raised a bit (a great feature of my truck, the extended hubs allow jacking from the outside) so there were many iterations of jacking to get the body high enough (and not damage panels) to get a jack under the axle.

34781.jpg

34782.jpg

After some digging.

At one point in between changing jacks the entire rig was balanced on a single jack and one of the other helpers goes to crawl underneath to place a jack under the axle. I said no it's too dangerous on a single jack, at least wait until we get another one in place and maybe some packing as well. Bugga me if 2 minutes later the sand shifts and the entire rig crashes down.

Anyway after a lot of prep (made worse because yesterday he just wouldn't stop trying to drive out) we finally get to the point were I think he's got a good chance of getting out. I tell him to rock back and forth 3-4 times until it feels right then go and don't stop or do anything until on firm ground. He tries that but apparently the shift pattern makes it difficult to swap from forward to reverse. Still after a few seconds he goes for it and is doing just fine until he decides to go for second gear, bang, right back where we started and revving again so reburied, just a couple of feet from the previous spot.

I can't face another dig so decide to move the truck and winch him out.

34783.jpg

Pulling the plasma rope out. These trucks have a mid-mount winch so I can pull front or back.

The rig actually had a decent recovery point for some reason so I hook up to that and within seconds he's free, it's a 20,000# winch, it hardly knew it was working.

At least he slipped us a few $, some people just bugga off.

After all that we decided to slightly change our camp site so we could see the water better and as we stayed there for another 4 weeks or so it was worth the move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal