Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

E.J.

Explorer
Sales flyer
10583856_863087317042625_4439129867881579112_n.jpg

Stock left, HD right. These are the inner joints, the outers are identical. TBH even with my 3" lift the angles look OK and the car runs smooth, I'm still going to play it safe and bring the front down to 2" lift total though.

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
They look nice, but what exactly are they fixing here?

Snapped shafts? Doesn't happen (except on high HP/TQ cars or clutch dropping with a 6spd)

Worn CV/DOJ due to driveline angles? You need a longer shaft to compensate, run GD axle shafts.

They look bullet proof, but it seems to be engineering for a .01% problem.

E.J.

Explorer
The length expands to deal with the engine jumping around because of worn motor mounts, seems like a good deal for lifted rigs. I can think of better ways of dealing with worn motor mounts but I'm not complaining.

ej1096

I'll add another 2002 WRX. It's mostly stock with the only real after market part being an all aluminum radiator.

Playing around with HDR. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I did kinda like tis pic for some reason.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Off of paved roads is more like what they mean. Every day, I rive at least 1.2 miles off of a paved road(road to the house), and will generally drive another 10 or so on the various dirt roads in the mountains for relaxation. I see plenty of jeeps that are all jacked up that remain perfectly clean... I have not washed mine since the last rainstorm.

Superu_legacy

Subaru-Coffee-Chocolate
:mad::mad:
Thanks man!
I'm running Kings and 2" spacers, SF KYB front, SG KYB rear. I didn't do the subframe spacing and that's a problem. It'd be ok except pulling the trailer puts even more strain on the fronts. For now I'm going to swap the front 2" block for a 1" one but leaving the rear high, it should have the car sitting level with the trailer attached. I couldn't track down Heri HD 22276 anywhere, going with Heri HD 22200 with the tone rings pulled off.

That's awesome. I just heard about these Heri HD axles recently and wish I'd had them for the last 8 years, but really just the last 3. I think they're perfect for the axle angle problem of at and greater than 2" over stock lift issues. I've been doing a bunch of emailing of Heri "distributors" (I've found 3 so far) seeing if anyone stocks them but noone does. I've emailed Heri to no response asing if/when they'd restock their distributors, then one distributor, online customer service chat, indicated the Heri HD axle is a special order item. As such (and I have a feeler out down this line), I think you could get the 22276 on special order, say fro Advanced Auto Parts (perhaps with one of the good retailmenot.com coupons too). I'm psyched Paul is stocking them and maybe he'll get the 22276 too, but it ight be possible to get them via "regular" retail/distributors.
I've found these sellers via Heri HD axle searches on the interwebs:
Pro street online /www.prostreetonline.com
united auto supply http://www.unitedautosupply.com
advanced auto parts http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/home

*EDIT* I phoned Advance Auto Today to see about placing a special order for them. Homie said they don't have them and they've been discontinued. :,(

I'll phone the other two retailers with the same question about special ordering and I'll also phone Heri per their contact us number in PHX (from the website) and see if i can get a straight answer on where, if anywhere, one can get these axles.

I JUST heard about these CVs and it would SUK if they're not available.....
*caveat* Get-primitive is reported to have the 22200 PN. . . ..

Last edited:

Superu_legacy

Subaru-Coffee-Chocolate
I'm running the 22200's with the tone ring knocked off, so far so good.

How long have you had them, are these the axles you're "reviewing"?

Are you going to lower your ride, or at least the front, or keep it tall given these new axles.

I'm considering swapping out my front springs to bring the front down and keep axles longer, BUT if these Heri HDs are that good, I'll get them with the next axle swap and stay high.
FWIW, If you use coupon code TRT41 at Advance Auto, you can get $40 off a $100 order with free shipping, that brings the 22200 down to about $83 a piece (per a friend's recent order). :coffee:

just sayin'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater