Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
WRX-front1_zpsa7ddbfe4.jpg

Well, we traded our Forester in. Went to something with a bit more gusto.

Definitely not going to be a wheeler; just a traveler. Rally Armor flaps installed to keep the gravel in check; 3M clear film across the front end to guard against paint chips.

We'll keep the off-road stuff for my Suzuki, but the WRX is a heck of a lot of fun.

- Andy

JacksonRally

Adventurer
WRX-front1_zpsa7ddbfe4.jpg

Well, we traded our Forester in. Went to something with a bit more gusto.

Definitely not going to be a wheeler; just a traveler. Rally Armor flaps installed to keep the gravel in check; 3M clear film across the front end to guard against paint chips.

We'll keep the off-road stuff for my Suzuki, but the WRX is a heck of a lot of fun.

- Andy

Congrats, that a good looking WRX.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Looking at a 2006 Impreza 2.5i. Would much rather have a WRX, but as a college student, I worry about reliability issues.
It has the manual trans so, I'm hoping for some fun.

TOI

Web Adventurer
my newest project
yjj_zps11083835.jpg

88 GL, hope to get it running soon and out in the world.

so i've flipped and flopped on my ideas. the GL is now a street toy about to get a full EJ22T drivetrain swap and be alot of fun on the paved roads. and the impreza wagon is getting converted to a wheeler wagon. got my adapters in, once i find some fozz struts and springs i'll be running 235/7515s on roughly 3" of lift. and it'll get the job done. pics to follow.

grobinson

Adventurer
Driving a world rally blue '12 WRX Limited hatch, which is soon going to stage 1 tuning and possibly more eventually. Running a Nameless Performance muffler delete exhaust, Rally Armor flaps, strut bar, snows for winter, etc. The other photo won't load right now since it's too large.

IMG_5689.JPG

tacksman

Observer
2011 Subaru Outback

This was taken this last weekend at Big Bear, CA.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 169

carolinasuby

My 2003 LLBean. Once I put a set of 215/65/16 Geolander ATS tires it handled forest roads and snow like a champ. Solid car.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 154

Laxaholic

Adventurer
IMG_2480_zpsd556759f.jpg

Currently sitting on a small spacer lift with General Grabber tires.
Will be doing a full Forrester suspension swap someday.

I just bought an 06. Could I find fog lights to fit in the slots where there are none currently? Thinking mud flaps on mine, what do you think? Where'd you get them? Where could a find a light mounting bar like the one there?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
sccwrx_zps431dc808.jpg

Winter mode: 16" Raceline wheels on 205/60/16 Dean Wintercat tires (made by Cooper, I believe). However, they're coming off this weekend in favor of the stock 17s.

- Andy

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Those light bars seem pretty pricey for what they are..
I just want to add a little light, not nearly as many as pictured.
I don't want to have to cut or modify at this point because I hope to sell it in the next few months. But, don't see why I shouldn't have some fun with it.
Do you have a link for the cheap to make mudflaps?? The link there didnt work for me.
Are there any little interior mods that folks do? I had it in some deep sand yesterday, was pretty sweet. Still wish I could afford a new WRX though...

'02 and '03 are/were the only model years to get those big foglights.

The '06 has tiny little fog lights.
Front_Fog_Lamp_Kit_large.jpg

Probably the easist swap would be something like a Hella Micro DE which should fit in the stock location.

A quick google search shows at least one write up of how to put in something larger but looks like it'll require a fair ammount of hacking on the front end.
http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4584

If you want more light I would just add a light bar. It'll be (mostly) bolt-on and allow you to put most whatever set of lights on it rather than be limited to the few options that'll fit in the stock location.
I bought mine from Rally Innovations and while it does do the job it's not very secure on the vehicle and causes the lights to bounce a bit and it also doesn't hold the lights in place so I'm contantly aiming them.
Here is what it'll look like on an '06
PC150771-1.jpg

I think it's better in the long run to find something that has four mounting points; two under the bumper and two thru the grille.
Something like this, though I think it would better with stock fogs and only two big lights in the middle.
Picture1307.jpg

Other people that make light bars
Primitive
Gorilla

The mudflaps came from Rally Armor but there are other maufacturers out there. Many people have made cheap mudflaps out of Ikea cutting boards.

Last edited:

TeufelHunden

Observer
885231_10151396031569093_1111055179_o_zps2adc81e6.  jpg

^--current car

P1110755.jpg

IsraelTim.jpg

^--my Sti I had in Japan about 5 years ago.

I even found a video of my Sti with my friend driving it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk