Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

86scotty

Cynic
It's an expensive way to fill a gap but many people are doing it and it does look good. I should have one of the first Tundra Crewmax tops shortly and no sharkfin on my truck, can't wait to see how much of a gap there is. I am considering a lightweight aluminum table stored under there like Alu-Cab does or possibly a slide out solar panel setup.

bologna

Would be nice to have two versions, with and without, but looks like even GFC is moving to one size fits all for the tundra. The rack option does make it look better but it just looks wasteful to have a 1000 rack for just 3 sq ft of useable space. Plus, I enjoy my sunroof too much to block it with a rack.

86scotty

Cynic
Agreed, I won't cover my sunroof. Oddly, the Tundra is one of the only vehicles I've ever had with a sunroof that I actually use. Not sure why.

By 'one size' do you mean the mock up pics that show Spencer building a top on a newer Tundra with the shark fin (post 127)? If this is indeed what you mean I am not impressed. I do not want the top any taller than necessary and I have no shark fin. I did not notice this in those pics until a day or two ago.

pnwtundra

Selling my build spot if anyone is interested. Here is a link to the post:

86scotty

Cynic
Is there anyone here with a second generation Tundra (07-13) Crewmax willing to help Spencer and the Super Pacific crew out? He is trying to find a 2nd gen to test fit the Tundra top on since he designed it around a 3rd gen.

If anyone in the Portland area can help please reach out to Super Pacific or even PM me here and I can get you in touch with them pretty quickly.

Yes, this request benefits me personally as I'm the only person I know of with a 2nd gen who is waiting on a top. I'm much too far to help out.

Thanks

squarefoot

Looking for build spot if anyone is looking to sell. Thx
I am selling mine for $500. Original deposit date of 11/3/20 for a Jeep Gladiator. Also valid for any other finalized vehicle fitments. $75 fee to Super Pacific for deposit transfer.

Attachments

• Deposit Transfer Policy.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 15

juliemtbnski

If you're putting this on a second gen Tacoma this might be concerning. Looks like they designed the camper and tailgate hatch off the third gen which is quite different.

View attachment 627955
Hi all! I just spoke with Spencer at SP, he said he drove down to this Tacoma in SOCAL and replaced it with a brand new one! That's excellent customer service if you ask me :) Can't wait to get mine!!!!!

86scotty

Cynic
Anyone else on the list for a camper for an F150?

No but you have an advantage because that's what Spencer (the owner) drives. His was the first design he made, naturally. If you are getting a long lead time from them now it's because there is a material shortage. Their extrusion vendor is having some issues. If I get mine late summer it will have taken exactly 1 year, deposit put down last August. Im in the first Tundra batch, design finished but waiting on extrusion.

Huck

yeah, apparently they are tweaking the design based on feedback and last time I saw it was relatively low on the list of fitments to work on.

I figure the rest of the work can continue despite the extrusion stuff being unavailable since the fitment stuff is primarily the canopy portion. fingers crossed that's the case anyway.

all of these delays are messing with everything right now, suspension parts, tires, etc. it's pretty wild.

bigskydu

Very interested in buying a near-now build spot if someone wants to sell one. Above and beyond deposit amount is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach