Supercharger or regear?

AxleIke

Adventurer
No, No I meant instead of the 4.7 just SC the 3.4, cost is about the same but the SC'd 3.4 with URD management and 7th or other injector setup would be easier. Mind you the tranny and t-case will likely have to be used from the 4.7. I kept on my brother with wouldn't it be cool if..... but for the economical and just plain time involved I feel the SC with goodies would be better than an all out power plant swap.

Side note: the 4.0 from the Lexus SC400 line is good but only adds a minimal amount of power compared to the 3.4 + SC with goodies. Thus is why it was a popular swap into the 3.0 equipped 4Runners and trucks. Now the current 4.0 might be a good idea tooo...........

A

Nah, I knew what you meant. I'm saying, throw in the 4.7, and supercharge that too. Just get as much power as you can! LOL!

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Nah, I knew what you meant. I'm saying, throw in the 4.7, and supercharge that too. Just get as much power as you can! LOL!

Yeah but then you have to swap axles in the rear IFS to SAS the front and on and on......... 1/4 king but perhaps a trail nighmare .......

trump

Adventurist
Actually, if you could figure out some way to stuff a giant 5.7 in there and supercharge that, a 500 horse 4runner would be something to see.

It's been done on the Tacoma.

Making it 4WD would probably be a bit harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3