Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

kb9yoj

Observer
I'm sure it'll be strong enough. Front tow bars are required to pass a slow speed crash test, I believe it's 15mph, without the vehicle detaching from the towed vehicle. I'd imagine that would be more stress than winching.

But then again, "not detaching" is very subjective. That might mean the bar could be severely damaged from the crash but still managed to stay attached at all the points. So you never know.

I asked one of the manufacturers and in the email they stated that their tow bar mounting brackets are "virtually rated" to carry the weight of the vehicle while towing, so I am not sure. To me it sounds like they ran a force analysis on the computer but haven't field tested the numbers. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Let's see some more Suzuki's!

Matt

Forsie

Observer
Hey this is my first post! Figured it would be fitting to introduce myself via my adventure rig. So without further delay, hailing from the great state of Arizona, I give you Sly...

usuqe8yz.jpg

vategasa.jpg

qesypenu.jpg

He is a 1996 tracker, I have owned him since 2007. Some of the many mods include;

Calmini 2 inch lift system, widened, modded control arms
OME coils all around, heavier rates for GV.
Nets about 3.5 inches total suspension lift.
2 inch Sky body lift.
Gas tank tucked up 3"
Widening mod and fabbed adapter to run driver side shafts on both sides.
Skidplates, rock sliders and bumpers made by me, rear holds spare, hi-lift, and 2 Jerry's
New desert colored paint
ABS interior panels
Brandy new rebuild motor, .030" oversize, thorley header, cam, P and P
Brandy new rebuilt transmission
Brandy new rebuilt t-case, with 4.24 gears from Trail Tough.
Cobra CB and 4' firestik
New top.
Various other little stuff.

Planned stuff;

Now that I have gears, back to 31"s, it's on 235s now.
Gonna re-do my rear setup, switching from the old style blitz Jerry's to the Scepter MFC's
Also gonna be setting up a full length low profile roof rack, with some perimeter lighting.
And the rest will come to me as needed, it's a never ending process...

A few more shots for fun

a7usepyt.jpg

jeve3ure.jpg

Last edited:

R Thomas

Observer
Great looking rig Forsie.

Can you post more pics of the bumpers, especially the rear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Forsie

Observer
Sure thing.

eme4u8uv.jpg

5e3y5ehy.jpg

eqa3ahyj.jpg

8apajyvy.jpg

Hi-lift is off right now, I daily drive this thing, but it mounts above the Jerry's and behind the tire, horizontal like.

Last edited:

Forsie

Observer
Front whilst under construction. The idea is to tuck the winch up tight. I never liked big iron hangin out front of my rig. Also the winch mounts feet first.

rezy2y5a.jpg

he5yjy3a.jpg

gaga6ura.jpg

Forsie

Observer
Funny you should mention that, I have been hoarding parts, and wearin down wifely so I can build a little rig for a RTT

I kid, my wife is freaking awesome, and is actually excited for me to build a little camp rig, so we can get out a little more,... comfortably... But she is also better about caring about the "more important" things we spend our moneys on

Forsie

Observer
Thanks very much guys! I really enjoy this little rig, shoot, building stuff for it is almost as much fun as wheelin it, or working on my Tetris skills packing enough gear into it for an adventure :safari-rig: ... I can always manage to fit in a ton of fun somehow...

Funkyjimny

Actually guys have you all heard of Horizons Unlimited ? It's a forum for overland travel, been going sine 1997. I own an AV company here in the UK and sponsor the UK meet which is 4 days of presentations on overland travel, awesome stuff. It's mainly bikes but there's loads on 4x4 and trucks etc. loads of really good I for for those wanting to travel the world. Meetings same as he UK HUBB one are all over the world, go find one.

Gary

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
Chevy Tracker
2" OME lift
Lockrite in rear
Stock 2.0L EFI
Love my power steering and AC.
Rocky Road sliders
Front skid plate
More mods to come......
webDSC_1592.jpgwebIMG_0061.jpg

1986 Samurai
Re-powered with 1.9L multi port EFI from a Sidekick (forgot what year engine) by Brant at Trail tough.
Could cruise over Donner Summit at 65mph, in 5th gear, with AC blowing cold, no problem
3" OME lift
31" tires
American Racing wheels
4:1 transfer case
cruise control

Wish I never sold it.
webDCP01368.jpgwebDCP01369.jpgwebDCP01372.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3