**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

* snoopy happy dance *

What about annexes for the OD Autanas?

We're not taking any pre-orders yet. If (and when) we do I'll be sure to announce it here. :) Oh and the Autanas all include the annex so they will already be the same olive ruggedized material.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Here's an update for those following the thread. Looks like the Olive Green Ruggedized models are finally happening. As long as the delivery of the material is on time it looks like we should have the first batch mid-to-late May. We will have 15 of each of the Kukenam Ruggedized, Kukenam XL Ruggedized and the Autana Ruggedized in Green as well as a few annexes for the Kukenam and Kukenam XL. Sorry, no green Gran Sabana Ruggedized for now.

What about the "sold out" items on the website? Any word on 6 ft awnings and black travel covers?

Box Rocket

What about the "sold out" items on the website? Any word on 6 ft awnings and black travel covers?
The "sold out" items are items that have been held up at the ports with the strikes. We have two shipments we are waiting to clear the ports. The last dates I heard was March 11 for one of the shipments and March 18 for the other. Then it could still take time to get them into our hands and the ports try to catch up on the massive backlog of crap that has been held up. I'm as anxious as all of you. I am waiting on a new tent for myself that is in this shipment. Once we receive this stuff we should have all items "in stock".

johnspark

Ramblin Man
The "sold out" items are items that have been held up at the ports with the strikes. We have two shipments we are waiting to clear the ports. The last dates I heard was March 11 for one of the shipments and March 18 for the other. Then it could still take time to get them into our hands and the ports try to catch up on the massive backlog of crap that has been held up. I'm as anxious as all of you. I am waiting on a new tent for myself that is in this shipment. Once we receive this stuff we should have all items "in stock".

Thanks.

Another question. The Green annex for the Kukenam; is that 4 wall with floor?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I'm not sure if this has been asked... How much of the load does the ladder bear? It looks like you could go without the ladder? I ask because one of my tents flips out over the hood, and the ladder hits it. I'm thinking of making some struts to go to the front tow hooks to assist with load and stability, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The more I think about it, the less sure I am of the need.

Access is through the other tent and other door...

Box Rocket

I'm not sure if this has been asked... How much of the load does the ladder bear? It looks like you could go without the ladder? I ask because one of my tents flips out over the hood, and the ladder hits it. I'm thinking of making some struts to go to the front tow hooks to assist with load and stability, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The more I think about it, the less sure I am of the need.

The open end of the tent can support itself without the ladder but it is not recommended to leave it unsupported. You will risk the potential of bending the frame if too much weight is placed over the unsupported side. If you don't want to use the ladder on that side, I would strongly recommend somekind of legs or support for the open side of the tent.

Sleam

Explorer
Hi, Would the stock cross bars on my old 4Runner work for the Ayer tent? They say they're rated at 110#s evenly distributed. Thoughts anyone?

Box Rocket

I had heard talk of the development of a foxwing style awning. Anything come of this?

There were a few parts that didn't meet our quality standards so it hasn't been released. I'll see what I can find out regarding addressing the issues and see if there is an ETA on a release.

Hi, Would the stock cross bars on my old 4Runner work for the Ayer tent? They say they're rated at 110#s evenly distributed. Thoughts anyone?

The stock crossbars are probably too light. It will likely support the tent ok, but could fail with people inside. I would suggest something like a pair of Thule or Yakima load bars or a quality roofrack.

Sleam

Explorer
Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. I'll look into them, did find some but not sure how they attach to my frame. I'll ask them!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I wouldn't trust the strength/stability of the tent, without the ladder support-

I don't know for what reason you can only position your ladder on the front of vehicle, but

I mounted my Kukenam tent with the ladder in front of the TRAILER and will open either to the tongue, or the ground when jeep disconnected-

Tepuiladderup-down001_zpse0885928.jpg

Tepuiladderup-down003_zps478790cc.jpg

Now I had only one way to mount the tent, otherwise (maybe) I woulda had the tent open out the back--can't doit-

Just think of the weight that part of the tent MAY HAVE TO SUPPORT !

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater