**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

doubleroses

Adventurer
Lemme know how the trip goes to Black Bear Pass. A few of us from Maine are going late summer of 2016. All will be sporting Tepui RTT's :cool:
I already did it once in my Tacoma. It was awesome! If I get stationed in VA I'd love to tag along with you guys to Ouray :D

Box Rocket

It did show up. I called on the 30th and was told it was taking a while longer because it had to be reinforced so it would arrive without any damage. It arrived and did have some scratches on it from where the box tore a hole in it but it's only cosmetic stuff. No biggie, I just wish it would have arrived in a more reinforced box. The one it was in didn't look too different than any moving box. There were two pieces of pressed wood covering the Aluminum pieces so they remained untouched. I would post some pictures of how it looks opened but my wife promised me she would wait until I got back to fully open it up :)

I'm stoked about this new tent! if I have enough time I would like to take some leave and go to Ouray again. I'll see if I can take on Black Bear Pass in a stock 100 series. I think it will be able to without any problems.

Right on. Glad it showed up. We are trying to keep tabs on the shipping and the condition that tents are showing up in. Some of the shipping companies seem to not be paying attention to the labeling like "Don't use Forklift" etc.

Sleam

Explorer
I'm looking forward to checking the tents out at Expo. I love the idea of them but not yet seen one in person nor tried one out. Will you have different kinds at the show? I'm torn between the Ayer because it's small or looking for a hard shell kind for ease of opening and setting up in wind.
S

grogie

Like to Camp
I'm looking forward to checking the tents out at Expo. I love the idea of them but not yet seen one in person nor tried one out. Will you have different kinds at the show? I'm torn between the Ayer because it's small or looking for a hard shell kind for ease of opening and setting up in wind.
S

I've got the Ayer on my trailer. I went with it for being the lightest at 95 lbs., since it's on an opening lid. As far as the internal size, its basically the width of a double sized bed, but longer. I'm about 6' and I fit in it fine. My wife and I are not large people and it's room enough for us. It would have been nice to go with the next size up just for some added room width wise, but then again, it's on an opening lid and it's enough room. We really only sleep in it anyway. I like it.

The Tepui is well built, super fast to setup and take down, and I love getting out of a ground tent. I'm getting to the age where I like a soft bed, so I've added a gel topper in a thin double-sized sleeping bag on top of the pad that it comes with. I can leave two sleeping bags inside of it when I close it up, but I can't also leave the gel topper. I roll it up and it goes inside bag and then inside the trailer.

With the lid open...

mji6.jpg

And these gear loft nets are really helpful to create additional space for clothes, etc., at night...

fLOuTQ.jpg

And a net for shoes outside the RTT (at the same link as above)...

enwk.jpg

Box Rocket

Had a great couple days in Moab showing the tents and gear bags in front of Gearheads on Main Street in Moab. Gearheads is such a great store and we really appreciate them allowing us to set up literally right at their front door on the busiest weekend of the year in Moab. Doug and Steve that own the store are fantastic people. Was good to meet a few of you from the forums that took the time to stop by and say hello. I really appreciate it!

I just wanted to follow up on my initial impressions and some of the challenges I had with the cover.

As others have said after a few days installed and some sun exposure the cover has stretched out and now fits the tent as expected. It zips up easily with no resistance.
On the awning over the ladder I have found that the canvas wrap on the C-Shaped support bar is about 2' longer than the bar it covers so it ends up being very bunched up causing my install difficulties. After removing the canvas wrap it installs without resistance. I may cut down the wrap and re-install and see how that goes. Either way, not a problem. After setting the tent up on flat ground during daylight hours and getting everything adjusted and snugged up I was able to get a nice tight pitch. I did attached the annex but I was parked on the street with a sidewalk and slightly sloped yard on the ladder side so I wasn't really able to stretch it out and deploy it properly but I am certainly impressed with the construction. The only suggestion I would make (And I plan to do this on my own tent) is to to add some grommets to the bottom of the door flap. That way I can stake it out with two poles and have a large awning over my entry way. I'll post up some picks after I add the grommets and set it up.

17056164825_6aaef8ea73_z.jpg

FYI - I took this photo after I had started packing everything back up so the awning is no longer staked out/tensioned.

Also wanted to give a shout out to Adam (BoxRocket) for the awesome support. The service I received from Tepui directly and from Adam are what prompted this purchase. No regrets, great experience all around!

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Thanks guys! That service you describe is precisely what attracted me to Tepui in the first place when I was purchasing my own tent (long before I even considered selling them). When I considered selling the tents it came down to two things, the Tepui tents were the best tents on the market and I wanted to sell the best, and they had the best service and I wanted to keep that reputation going. The "post-sale" service is one of the aspects I take very seriously. Too often I have had utterly poor service after purchasing an item. It's the attitude of once they have your money, you're dead to them. I can't always work things out perfectly, but I sure try to do everything I can. Fortunately the post-sale issues aren't common (at least for warranty items), but it is common for people to have questions as they get used to using the tents and learning how they work best. In either case, please feel free to contact me and I'll do everything I can to help out. Many of you have my phone number and I'm checking in here daily, even on weekends so I'll get you a quick response.

Again, thanks for the kind words guys. The tents are all looking sweet!

yotes65

Observer
We're excited about the Tepui version of the "foxwing" awning. Our prototype showed a lot of promise but there were a few minor tweaks we wanted to make to improve the design before it was released. The great thing is that this will be a top quality awning at a dramatically lower price than the other similar awnings. You'll see an announcement made once it's finalized and ready for release.

Any update on the Tepui Foxwing? I've attempted a couple times to sign up on Tepuis main web site for email notifications however can never seem to get it working.

Do you have a list of which items will be showcased at Overland EXPO West 2015?

Box Rocket

No updates on the Foxwing. As for the EXPO....I won't be there but some of the other guys will be. I'm sure they'll be showing the gear bags and possibly the new Special Edition (olive green) Ruggedized tents.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Hello BoxRocket,

I just noiced a small puncture in my travel cover, im guessing a branch or something poked through it on my last trip. It's small enough to patch easily so i was just wondering if you guys sold patch kits or could send me in the direction of a sutible one.

I was thinking of maybe picking up a zodiac patch kit, marine grade sets my mind at easy when im concerned about water penetration haha

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Box Rocket will probably have better info, but

Hello BoxRocket,

I just noiced a small puncture in my travel cover, im guessing a branch or something poked through it on my last trip. It's small enough to patch easily so i was just wondering if you guys sold patch kits or could send me in the direction of a sutible one.

I was thinking of maybe picking up a zodiac patch kit, marine grade sets my mind at easy when im concerned about water penetration haha

I'm assuming that it's HD Vinyl construction and any of the Inflatable boat patch's should work (inside surface), I've got several sizes for my Sevlors-

Good luck--remember it'll work best in warm sun/clean and on a flat surface/w flat weight for pressure--works for me !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Box Rocket

Hello BoxRocket,

You're on the right track. Inflatable boat patches would be a good way to repair a damaged cover.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Thanks for the quick response, to both of you!

Looks like im going to be stopping by the local marine store over the weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater