**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

Tepui's website shows nearly all models I've considered purchasing are sold out. Is there a time frame on these tents getting back into stock?

Also, will there be any inventory available for purchase or specials at the Expo in a couple weeks?

Thanks
Yes, we have several containers on their way now. They are expected around the end of May, first of June.
There will not be tents for purchase at the Expo.

TRUBRIT

Had to buy my Autana Sky from Backcountry. Leaving for a trip out West mid July. Tents arriving early June left things a little tight in my planning. Tent arrives tomorrow.

dfinn

Adventurer
I found what I think was a pretty good deal on an Ayer in our local classifieds. It had only been slept in 3 times and shows it. The cover is a little faded from being in the sun for a summer but everything else seems brand new.

I've got 2 things I was wondering about.

The zipper for the cover is really stiff and requires a good amount of pull to undo it. Is this normal or should it be lubricated with something?

One of the straps for the cover came off on the highway on my drive home. The velcro does not seem all that stout and I could see this being a regular occurrence. Anyone else run into this and come up with any tricks to help with that?

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Ask your local fabric shop, they'll have the perfect answer to your zipper woes. There is a fancy dry graphite type of "lube" that'll change the zipper pulling force. However, sometimes the zipper "pull" is actually the culprit, and your local fabric shop can replace this.
Worst case you get a new travel cover zipper for $20: http://tepuitents.com/collections/spare-parts/products/travel-cover-zipper

AFA as the straps, the North Maine Woods dust is a burden for the velcro from my experiences. A quick cleaning with some compressed air should help out for awhile. If all else fails, Tepui sells new straps (in a pair) for a mere $25 ;) http://tepuitents.com/collections/spare-parts/products/cover-straps

Last edited:

VTlandrover

Adventurer
i have used atv ratchet tie down straps to secure the cover! but as mtn climber said, compressed air works a treat to remove built up dirt and dust.

JKUR

That hasn't been planned but could definitely be discussed. I can bring it up and see what I find out.

Thank you. It will be going on a red JKU and I think that color would go best with it. Gobi is ordered and as soon as I get it I'll be ready for the rtt.

Box Rocket

Thank you. It will be going on a red JKU and I think that color would go best with it. Gobi is ordered and as soon as I get it I'll be ready for the rtt.
I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do. Have you looked at the grey Ruggedized? It looks sharp on red vehicles.

JKUR

I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do. Have you looked at the grey Ruggedized? It looks sharp on red vehicles.

Grey will be my second choice. My buddy is going with the grey and if tan is a no go then I'll go that route as well. Another buddy just got the orange, seeing his is what sold me.

toymaster

Explorer
AFA as the straps, the North Maine Woods dust is a burden for the velcro from my experiences. A quick cleaning with some compressed air should help out for awhile. If all else fails, Tepui sells new straps (in a pair) for a mere $25 ;) http://tepuitents.com/collections/spare-parts/products/cover-straps

Thanks for the post. I didn't know they sold just the straps! The other day I was thinking how I could make two more for mine. The two that comes factory just do not do enough to keep the cover from flying around at highway speeds.

dfinn

Adventurer
For anyone with an Ayer considering the Teton Sports double bag, it definitely will not fit inside the tent with it closed. That's a deal breaker for me so it's going back. Unfortunate because it seems like it would be warm and comfy.

If anyone knows of any other double sleeping bags that are less bulky and have been confirmed to fit inside an Ayer when closed I'd love to hear about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk