Tepui Tent RTT

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Fantastic, that was a week before I came to Ca.-

I can't believe that some of those little vehicles "racks" can support 400/500 lbs, without permanante deflection !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

compactcamping

Explorer
:sombrero: Fantastic, that was a week before I came to Ca.-
I can't believe that some of those little vehicles "racks" can support 400/500 lbs, without permanante deflection !

Bummer you missed it. Done many Subarus, Honda Elements, Sidekicks/Tracker, etc with no problems

Eric S.

Adventurer
Well adding larger screws to fix for my broken ladder didn't help in keeping the lower rung in place. The next trip out the ladder broke again.
DSC_4255_zps6ae7372d.jpg

I contacted Tepui and without issue that had a replacement on the way! I was quite happy when opening the box to the new and improved version. Thought I would share some of the noticeable improvements.
The revision to solve my ladder rung moving issue. Re-designed plastic clamps instead of set screws.
DSC_4295_zps6c7b627b.jpg

An unexpected improvement that my wife is VERY please about is the ladder rungs have been reshaped adding rounded corners. In our trials to home it is a great improvement when climbing with bare feet. Mornings shouldn't have such a painful start to the day anymore :wings:
Old vs New
DSC_4296_zps801db2a2.jpg

DSC_4299_zpsae098e8a.jpg

The release mechanisms seem have been improved. Not sure what the insides are like but they feel better.
Bottom view comparison.
DSC_4301_zps9b57d6cf.jpg

The closed length of the new ladder is 2" longer. I haven't check the fully extended lengths.
Also the new ladder is built out of larger tubing adding 5mm to the outside diameters. It looks substantial and should improving the strength quite a bit.
Overall the new ladder looks to be of a much improved design. Can't wait to try it out next weekend!

Great customer service from Tepui!

Box Rocket

Thanks for sharing the pics of the new Tepui ladder. While I've never had any issues with the old style on my Tepui tents, there is no doubt that the new design is a much nicer ladder. Just one more sign that Tepui is listening to customers and constantly trying to improve their products to provide the best tents on the market.

grogie

Like to Camp
Eric, that ladder does look like a nice improvement. I may have to spring for one, although my Tepui is just on a trailer. I have gotten in the habit of wearing shoes or at least socks with the current ladder. ;)

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: That ladder is pretty neat, once you figure out how to useit--

I set it to use if I don't dis-connect from the trailer and also if the trailer is free, I can setup on ground !

Still connected to jeep
Tepuiladderup-down001_zpse0885928.jpg

On ground
Tepuiladderup-down003_zps478790cc.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Last edited:

krl81

Adventurer
Hello all!
I'm in the planning stage of a three month trip, going from Sweden to Russia and on to Mongolia and back home to Sweden again.
My question is: Would you recommend a Autana Ruggedized on a trip like that or should I go for something else/another make? :)

Box Rocket

Hello all!
I'm in the planning stage of a three month trip, going from Sweden to Russia and on to Mongolia and back home to Sweden again.
My question is: Would you recommend a Autana Ruggedized on a trip like that or should I go for something else/another make? :)

The Autana Ruggedized would be a great tent for that trip. The question would be shipping it to Sweden. Let me do some digging and see if we can even get one shipped to Sweden for you. Stay in touch and I can help you get the tent arranged if you decide to go with the Tepui.

krl81

Adventurer
Thanks for answering so fast!
The plans will not be put into motion in the next 18 months so no rush. :)
If it's not possible for you to ship it I may have another solution where you ship it to an adress in USA and the company at that place makes the shipping and all the customs papers in order. :)

Box Rocket

Thanks for answering so fast!
The plans will not be put into motion in the next 18 months so no rush. :)
If it's not possible for you to ship it I may have another solution where you ship it to an adress in USA and the company at that place makes the shipping and all the customs papers in order. :)
Sounds great. I am the Tepui rep for the forum so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and help you get this worked out and we'll do all we can to get you what you need.

osidepunker

Adventurer
I had to look that up... http://tepuitents.com/products/protective-weather-hoods

Interesting! Now that would make for some tough camping conditions. I think my wife would be telling me go find a Holiday Inn Express. :)

lol I told my girl winter camping is optional for her

But I would like to gear up to be able to camp in frozen conditions. The weather hood seems like a good idea in theory, but I hate when the air gets so moist you cant breathe; like when you try to sleep in a car with all the windows rolled up

gregm

we've had ours for about 4 years now and probably have about 200 nights in it on three different vehicles. the only issues we've had were that we wore out a travel cover (easily replaced) and we've upgraded to a 4" memory foam mattress. the tepui staff and customer service has been outstanding for us. it's like anything else, if you take care of your equipment, it will last.
View attachment 191948View attachment 191949

I'm pleased that this thread is still going. My 2 cents to anyone thinking about buying a Tepui tent, it's a good piece of gear. We have had the same tent for more than 5 years now. I believe it is the 5th or 6th one they sold. Still in good shape and we use the Hell out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven