Tepui Tent RTT

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: OK, I've got my TEPUI Kukenam mounted on my trailer and I'll have the final details by Wednesday-

This is PROBABLY an RTT Mount that you guys haven't seen, or maybe one time, but I doubtit--

I've secured it on my TENTRAX trailer and the fit is STUPENDOUS, I'll take some pics after my NEW Black travel cover arrives from TEPUI-

Anybody need a gray one ??:Wow1:

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
:sombrero: OK, I've got my TEPUI Kukenam mounted on my trailer and I'll have the final details by Wednesday-

This is PROBABLY an RTT Mount that you guys haven't seen, or maybe one time, but I doubtit--

I've secured it on my TENTRAX trailer and the fit is STUPENDOUS, I'll take some pics after my NEW Black travel cover arrives from TEPUI-

Anybody need a gray one ??:Wow1:

Why would you want a black cover? Don't they get super hot in the summer? What about condensation inside from hot cold hot cold? Just wondering....

Box Rocket

Why would you want a black cover? Don't they get super hot in the summer? What about condensation inside from hot cold hot cold? Just wondering....

The outer surface can get warm but they don't create much condensation. My neighbor has one with a black cover and loves it. He says it actually makes it easier to zip up since the black cover gets warm and is more pliable.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Good question-

The Trailer won't sit in the summer sun--it's used almost exclusively in the Sierras--BIG TREES and I wanted Black to match the Detonator yellow/Black of the jeep/trailer, kind of a social statement !

Black only absorbs/transmits sun heat depending on the inside media, even Arabs use Black in the 120° desert !

The outer surface can get warm but they don't create much condensation. My neighbor has one with a black cover and loves it. He says it actually makes it easier to zip up since the black cover gets warm and is more pliable.

Thanx Adam

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Mark K

Observer

Now that sounds like a winner to me.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
OK, I'm running outta time,cause I've gotta get to Calif. and check on one of my houses after the earthquake, so

Here's some pics in the garage, where I did all the mounting, using my RACOR hoist, NECESSARY !

007_zps7705eb3b.jpg

006_zpsc478b674.jpg

001_zpsc4b8a662.jpg

005_zps79e597f2.jpg

Sorry for this one
002_zps0456ca49.jpg

We'll takeit out in the boonies in a couple weeks-

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
OK, I'm running outta time,cause I've gotta get to Calif. and check on one of my houses after the earthquake, so

Here's some pics in the garage, where I did all the mounting, using my RACOR hoist NECESSARY !

007_zps7705eb3b.jpg

006_zpsc478b674.jpg

001_zpsc4b8a662.jpg

005_zps79e597f2.jpg

Sorry for this one
002_zps0456ca49.jpg

We'll takeit out in the boonies in a couple weeks-

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Talk to Box Rocket grogie--that's where I got mine Thursday and my grai one is for sale too-

Looks good Jimbo! I like that black cover too.

I hope Tepui makes them for the Ayer as well?!

I just read your post on the Utah trip in jeepforum-- "KUDOS"-fantastic job and probably the only time we could ever get together would be meeting in MOAB--possible-

Good day

grogie

Like to Camp
^Yes, IN and CA are bit far part. Boy I wish the west wasn't so far west... :)

About the mount on your trailer, is the base of the tent just mounted to the lid, or do you have the supplied rails between the two? I have the rails, as I needed the tent to sit up a above the lid. I have a build thread on JF under trailers showing it. I had to make a wood template so that the holes were just right. Fortunately it worked out!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, yeah it was quite a measureing feat--

^Yes, IN and CA are bit far part. Boy I wish the west wasn't so far west... :)

About the mount on your trailer, is the base of the tent just mounted to the lid, or do you have the supplied rails between the two? I have the rails, as I needed the tent to sit up a above the lid. I have a build thread on JF under trailers showing it. I had to make a wood template so that the holes were just right. Fortunately it worked out!

The tent is mounted to the trailer top, using the rails and the trailer is the same size as the tent (48"x 60") so I didn't have much room for choice/error, but

Using the RACOR hoist I was able to move the tent up/down by thousands of an inch, it made the job very easy for certs before drilling and

I only had two choices for the extended part--front/back and I choose front, because I can still open the trailer lid at any time and it's easy-

My tools/water/battery are easy accessible with the extend down over the front so it works good, now I have to goto calif. then I'll test this unit when I get back-

Good day grogie !

grogie

Like to Camp
^Yep, I can open the lid too with the Tepui open or closed. Thought that one out! (lol)

This was the wood template that I used for drilling the holes through the railing on my trailer.

1q7n.jpg

5j0a.jpg

mji6.jpg

Fortunately it worked out!!

Well I just put my trailer in storage for the winter. Winters in the rust belt are tough. The roads are either white from snow or the salt, so the Jeep and trailer stay off of them.

:REOutCampFire03:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven