Tepui Tent RTT

Mark K

Observer
Mark, sorry you got frustrated with the initial set up. If you're still having questions, let me know and I'm happy to help. I am a rep for Tepui and also handle much of their online presence on the message boards. I'm happy to help any way that I can.

No, no paper. The diagram for the correct way to put the bungies must be in there, plus, I had to search forever to try to figure out how to get the rods in. and it is almost impossible unless you put them in the holes first and then put the canvas on the hooks because you have to grind the rods into the holes. Then it is almost required to have a pliers to get them out. I did get a hold of Tepui twice and the first time the rep flat out lied to me as if I was stupid. The second one promised to email me a pdf of the manual, but it never came. Now it is Friday evening and I will not be able to contact them until Monday. So far I am not impressed. Everyone else says they have such great CS, but I have called them 12 times since 3:30 and never got through yet. Plus with the rep trying to BS me and give an excuse which is physically impossible, I don't think they are so great. I like the tent, but the CS sucks to the N'th degree.

osidepunker

Adventurer
Quick shout out to Box Rocket! He ran something down for me same day. I havent had to deal with Tepui CS yet, but I can tell you that they have a fine rep :)

Box Rocket

No, no paper. The diagram for the correct way to put the bungies must be in there, plus, I had to search forever to try to figure out how to get the rods in. and it is almost impossible unless you put them in the holes first and then put the canvas on the hooks because you have to grind the rods into the holes. Then it is almost required to have a pliers to get them out. I did get a hold of Tepui twice and the first time the rep flat out lied to me as if I was stupid. The second one promised to email me a pdf of the manual, but it never came. Now it is Friday evening and I will not be able to contact them until Monday. So far I am not impressed. Everyone else says they have such great CS, but I have called them 12 times since 3:30 and never got through yet. Plus with the rep trying to BS me and give an excuse which is physically impossible, I don't think they are so great. I like the tent, but the CS sucks to the N'th degree.

Ok I think you need to step back a little. The reason you're not getting a response today is because nobody is at the shop. They are running the TepuiFest event this weekend.

I don't know who you talked to but I'm not buying for a second that any of them lied to you. I have offered help and I still am, yet all you have done is complain. Please just give me a call and I can help you through any issues you're having. 8017108110
This stuff isn't that hard. Give me a chance to walk you through it. And we can do it before Monday. I'm happy to help anytime this weekend.

Last edited:

Mark K

Observer
Maybe I will give you a call tomorrow afternoon after work.

But yes, the dude did lie to me. I get lied to all day at work. Part of the job.

But either way, Thank you.

surferdude78

Observer
I have to chime in, too, regarding Tepui's customer service which I found to be excellent from the first time I contacted them. The tents themselves certainly aren't complicated to set up & even if mine had been missing a manual, which it wasn't, its not too hard figuring out how to install on my car let alone deal with the bungees or installing spring rods. By the way, you'll find all their videos including the install setup on YouTube if you can't get on their website.

Am sure you'll enjoy your new tent once you get more accustomed to it. I know I certainly am!

Mark K

Observer
Thanks guys. I am just really crabby. I am sure that once I get the bugs ironed out I will love the tent. It is getting late in the year and I want to be ready for my latest adventure in AZ.
I am just accustomed to when someone (normal people) says they will do something, they do it. The rep forgot about me and the other one told me that the shipper must have damaged something that was inside the tent which would be impossible without totally destroying the tent. I still got it to work, I just had to hammer the fasteners past the smashed place on the rail. Once everything is straightened out I won't be so crabby. You guys have taught me a lot on this site in many other threads I have read. You guys need a "that is freaking brilliant" button. Some dude named Campactcamping would have gotten one for his simple, yet brilliant solution to the ladder issue which I found annoying right away.

Box Rocket

the other one told me that the shipper must have damaged something that was inside the tent which would be impossible without totally destroying the tent.

is this how you were "lied" to? Sounds to me like he was trying to make a reasonable guess as to how something may have been damaged.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I can't tell for sure by the pics, but

All the ladder rungs should be locked and you adj the height, by releasing the TOP hinges, one atta time, starting with the top rung !

Looks pretty good-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

surferdude78

Observer
Looks pretty good to me! You've got enough room to add another one on front & turn your truck into an Ayer condo.:sombrero:

The bungees are designed be used to help pull in the canvas sides when closing the tent. I don't even use them myself but that's up to you.

grogie

Like to Camp
I recently ordered a second tent gear loft. My wife on a recent camping trip asked why did I only have one inside?! Well the loft was really handy as we'd throw clothes and pocket stuff in them at night so I also put the second one in as well. I thought I'd share, if I haven't done so already?

I have them pushed to each side, but they slide out flat along the frame if needed. Very handy product!

fLOuTQ.jpg

mike2100

Observer
I recently ordered a second tent gear loft. My wife on a recent camping trip asked why did I only have one inside?! Well the loft was really handy as we'd throw clothes and pocket stuff in them at night so I also put the second one in as well. I thought I'd share, if I haven't done so already?

I have them pushed to each side, but they slide out flat along the frame if needed. Very handy product!

fLOuTQ.jpg

Where'd you get those? I could use a couple
Edit: whoops I just noticed you linked it. I shouldn't post so early

paranoid56

Adventurer
got to use mine this weekend. the wife and I loved it. super easy to setup, the annex though took some time to figure out lol.
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven