Tepui Tent RTT

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
holly balls fast shipping Tepi and boxrocket.
ordered on monday and just picked it up at fedex at lunch.
IMG_5300.JPG

Works better out of the box .... :)))))

Mark K

Observer
I joined this site because of this thread. I found it while trying to search out an answer to the problems I am having with this pile of crap. (Ayer)

I got the tent mounted yesterday and without any instructions other than a Youtube video. The Tepui site was down and we had to go off of the video.
I figured out a lot of stuff by trial and error, but I suspect I am going to have some surprises in store for me when I deploy it in the boonies.

It sure would be nice if they would have provided adequate information for the little details which are what always kills you in the end.

I know I sound negative, but that is how it is when I am ticked off.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: As is with every UNIVERSAL product--the assembly can vary in dozens of ways and by using a little logic and forsight---you will endup with complete success-

I joined this site because of this thread. I found it while trying to search out an answer to the problems I am having with this pile of crap. (Ayer)

I got the tent mounted yesterday and without any instructions other than a Youtube video. The Tepui site was down and we had to go off of the video.
I figured out a lot of stuff by trial and error, but I suspect I am going to have some surprises in store for me when I deploy it in the boonies.

It sure would be nice if they would have provided adequate information for the little details which are what always kills you in the end.

If you had gone online to the TEPUI website--there is an unpacking/prep/assembly/installation video, with various breaks for comments/instructions and

Do as I did--take the vehicle out to an open space and PRACTICE SETUP and closure--after a couple times you learn shortcuts/timesavers and closure secrets--

I don't believe that you now own a "Pile of crap"--these are quality assemblies and if you take care ofem, they'll take care of you !

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Mark K

Observer
The site was down.

I did take it and play around with it.

I am still irritated, but eventually I will figure it out.

Box Rocket

The site was down.

I did take it and play around with it.

I am still irritated, but eventually I will figure it out.

Mark, sorry you got frustrated with the initial set up. If you're still having questions, let me know and I'm happy to help. I am a rep for Tepui and also handle much of their online presence on the message boards. I'm happy to help any way that I can.

paranoid56

Adventurer
what did you have issues with? i just installed mine last night and it was easy. did yours not include the paper pamphlet with install directions?
what little details were you missing?

for me, the only thing that took me a few min to figure out was the folding ladder lol. but after messing with it for a bit i figured it out. lol oh, and have help to put it on the top of the truck, ****s heavy.

Box Rocket

what did you have issues with? i just installed mine last night and it was easy. did yours not include the paper pamphlet with install directions?
what little details were you missing?

for me, the only thing that took me a few min to figure out was the folding ladder lol. but after messing with it for a bit i figured it out. lol oh, and have help to put it on the top of the truck, ****s heavy.

Shane, here's a trick I've learned to help me get the tent on the truck by myself. I have a small furniture dolly that I have the tent on when it's not on the truck that helps me move it around the garage, but that's not a requirement. I roll the tent over to the truck on the dolly so that the rails are resting against the open tailgate. I can lift from the bottom of the tent and slide the tent up the edge of the open tailgate. When I do that the tent will raise up so the rails are not resting against the back of the bedrack and I'll lift so the tent is now sitting on the tail gate. From there I can stand on the tailgate and lift the bottom edge of the tent again to get it up on to the bedrack. It's actually worked really well. I use the same process in reverse to get the tent off of the truck by myself.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yeah, we all have to deal with uncomfortable-unwieldy items, don't we-

I've been using this RACOR hoist for years for anything I've gotta lift for whatever reasons and

023.jpg

It made my TEPUI install so easy and I'll useit for transfer to my trailer-

By the way Box Rocket, question---will/can TEPUI make a Black VINYL cover for the Kukenam, exactly same size config ??

If they can/will--we'll discussit !

Thanx

Box Rocket

:sombrero: Yeah, we all have to deal with uncomfortable-unwieldy items, don't we-

I've been using this RACOR hoist for years for anything I've gotta lift for whatever reasons and

023.jpg

It made my TEPUI install so easy and I'll useit for transfer to my trailer-

By the way Box Rocket, question---will/can TEPUI make a Black VINYL cover for the Kukenam, exactly same size config ??

If they can/will--we'll discussit !

Thanx

JIMBO, yes we have a black travel cover available now for the Kukenam. Looks like this:

IMG_20140109_141416_936_1024x1024.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: OK, I wanna trade the one I got/w the TEPUI Kukenam for a Black one--

JIMBO, yes we have a black travel cover available now for the Kukenam. Looks like this:

IMG_20140109_141416_936_1024x1024.jpg

Please get me the costs/details involved--thanx

Box Rocket

Me too! Can I trade my XL cover for a black one??? :)

I wish we could do trades, but the best I can do is suggest you keep your grey cover as a backup or sell it here or on Craigslist etc. there are often people looking for replacement covers. I can get you a good price on a new cover if you want one. PM me and we can get the ball rolling.

Edit: the Ayer model tent does not have black cover available.

osidepunker

Adventurer
I wish we could do trades, but the best I can do is suggest you keep your grey cover as a backup or sell it here or on Craigslist etc. there are often people looking for replacement covers. I can get you a good price on a new cover if you want one. PM me and we can get the ball rolling.

Well if I have to pay, then I will wait until tepui gets smart and puts a skirt around the lower edge to keep water away from the zipper :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven