The 255/85R16 Tire Official List

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Appears they might be sold out already, I just plugged in an order for a set of 5 and the shipping calculator said they didn't have sufficient supply to estimate shipping.

Yup, gone.... Big problem for me. TR chat confirmed (1) in stock at 6:00 tonight :( He knew nothing about a 34x10.5 KM2.

Where was that rumor sourced? Or is it wishful thinking/praying?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Yup, gone.... Big problem for me. TR chat confirmed (1) in stock at 6:00 tonight :( He knew nothing about a 34x10.5 KM2.

Where was that rumor sourced? Or is it wishful thinking/praying?

Go back and read it again, it's KO2 not KM2 in the 34x10.50 size that's coming soon, there are threads about it.

Fargo

Adventurer
The KM2s were released in mid-2008, so going on 7 years now. I am not sure when this size was released though. (Tirerack review dates match this release date; they start in March 2008.)

The original BFG A/T KO was released approximately 15 years ago (although only 10 according to this, which may be Australia specific, I know I had a set in 2002-3. Tirerack reviews start in March 2002.), either way that puts the KM2s at over 1/2 way to their upgrade time. The BFG T/A KM predecessor to the KM2 was only around for about 5-8 years. My tire history is fuzzy, but I know it wasn't released before 2000.

I think that is the trend and that 16" sizes will begin getting hard to find, especially in less common sizes. The 245, 265, and 285/75 sizes should be around a while, but I wouldn't be surprised to see many sizes relegated to "specialty" status. $$$$ and hard to find.

Wow thats very interesting. Time flies I guess. I thought the tire was a lot newer than that. I also thought the old tire was around a lot longer than that.

Agreed, I can't help but be excited about that new 34" size, really hope it is a full 34-inches tall.

On topic, there are still some good 255/85s being made, and the announced ******** Cepek Extreme Country will be offered in 255/85R16E (and 235/85R16E).

The info I have seen on the 34x10.5 is that it will measure 33.5" tall. This shouldn't be surprising though. All of their other tires in flotation sizes are actually a 1/2" shorter in actual size as well. But I still think that will be a great size. Its at least as tall as the 255/85 and maybe a little taller even.

Thats the first I've seen mentioned of the new Extreme Country. They call it a mud tire but to me it looks like a Duratrac with less siping and maybe just slightly more aggressive outer tread. Unfortunately the info I saw said it was 2ply sidewall. That along with being load range e make it less interesting to me. I expect its the same tire as the ST MAXX with a different tread. So it should be a good tire. http://www.tirereview.com/semagte-********-cepek-rolls-extreme-country-mud-terrain-tire/

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Confirmed 30639 is the new part number... it appears they are transitioning production and there is a dry spell right now.

Fargo

Adventurer
Confirmed 30639 is the new part number... it appears they are transitioning production and there is a dry spell right now.

Where did you confirm this at? We saw it posted already there were 2 part numbers. But we had no way to confirm if one was a new number.

Fargo

Adventurer
I was just thinking about the new Cepek Extreme Country tire. Could that be build on the old Cooper ST carcass? I ask because they say its a 2 ply sidewall and the ST MAXX is 3 ply. I ask because it just dawned on me that if this is the old ST carcass it may be a software and more compliant tire for my Jeep.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Where did you confirm this at? We saw it posted already there were 2 part numbers. But we had no way to confirm if one was a new number.

Directly via my wholesaler

No more old part number, 4 of the new part number coming in soon.

Fargo

Adventurer
Great. Direct from the wholesaler sounds reliable to me. I'm glad to hear this. I'm really leaning towards this tire for my next tire. I'm kind of waiting to see if they might give us a 255/85 or something similar with the new AT as well.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I was just thinking about the new Cepek Extreme Country tire. Could that be build on the old Cooper ST carcass? I ask because they say its a 2 ply sidewall and the ST MAXX is 3 ply. I ask because it just dawned on me that if this is the old ST carcass it may be a software and more compliant tire for my Jeep.

My information from SEMA and from memory is that yes, the new Extreme Country will be a 2-ply sidewall tire, supposedly to help with (less) heat. Also, the tread compound is "very similar" to the defunct F-C II, a tire with a fantastic reputation for longevity, etc., of which I'm a big fan. I doubt the new Extreme Country is made on the old S/T carcass, both because that was a super-soft/flexible design, and because that carcass is probably in need of an update or may even be on the chopping block soon.

Regardless, any tire that is offered in the great old 255/85R16 size makes me happy, and if it's offered by one of my favorite brands/manufacturers, with a proven compound, that is icing on an already delicious cake.

fireball

Explorer
Adam any idea of timing on the km2 ? I'd decided on the 255.85.16 for the bj74 then found out I couldn't buy them!

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I was so excited that I found a set in US for my CR truck. I shaved the flairs so 285s will not pass inspection down south. Vendor said tires shipment was due to arrive at my house 23Jan, they arrived 20Jan (with out notice) and were promptly stolen off my front porch.... :( If anyone see some new 255/85 for sale in the northeast please LMK :costumed-smiley-007

Fargo

Adventurer
I sent this email to BFG this morning.

Dear BFG. I've noticed you have plans to release your new AT KO2 in a 34x10.5R17. Please also consider this size for a 16" rim with a load range C or D for lighter Jeeps and small pickups.

To my surprise, within an hour I had a response.
Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.

In regards to the email you sent stating:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear BFG. I've noticed you have plans to release your new AT KO2 in a 34x10.5R17. Please also consider this size for a 16" rim with a load range C or D for lighter Jeeps and small pickups.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for connecting with us Nathan. We appreciate your request for the All-Terrain T/A KO2 34X10.50R16 . That is a great idea! We will forward your request to our product development team. For a list of tires that have been released and future deployments, click on the link below.

KO2 release dates and sizes: http://social.bfgoodrichtires.com/BFG_KO2_Sizing+Availability.pdf

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

I'm not sure what to think about this. The response sounds very optimistic. Could it be that BFG is already considering this size in a 16" rim? Dare I dream? If you want a 34x10.5R16 contact BFG. Maybe they will listen. My biggest concern is that it would be a load range E if they did make it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven