The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Jevy

Adventurer
I have what I consider one of the "ultimate" expedition bikes available. :) I purchased a 9zero7 fat bike last October and had to have emergency back surgery prior to me receiving it. I am just now starting to ride on the street again so it will likely be another month or so until I feel comfortable getting back on the trails. I also purchased a lefty front end for the fat bike from Mendon cycles. I'm considering a suspension seat post though to help with my back but I'm going to wait until I ride it some first.

9e7b03a0d1196681fb62a6390a0807d5.jpg

51fe2b0a5ae3fce501ad8ff1a126e9c6.jpg

2844e5affe4f204f64330b5e77369ec3.jpg

redneck44

Adventurer
Not sure if this counts as mountain bike but I've just picked this up
bigripperweb.jpg

Its the most fun I've had on a bike for years, sprint, coast, sprint , coast, sprint until you puke and then do it some more:bike_rider:

ripper1600

Adventure Seeker
Just got a new 2012 treck ex-cal and the wife a specialized sport i'll post pics later it is probably one of the sickest anniversary presents every.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have what I consider one of the "ultimate" expedition bikes available. :) I purchased a 9zero7 fat bike last October and had to have emergency back surgery prior to me receiving it. I am just now starting to ride on the street again so it will likely be another month or so until I feel comfortable getting back on the trails. I also purchased a lefty front end for the fat bike from Mendon cycles. I'm considering a suspension seat post though to help with my back but I'm going to wait until I ride it some first.

Hey Jevy, I didn't know you rode bikes as well as built ExPo trailers?

Small world. :)

Jevy

Adventurer
Hey Jevy, I didn't know you rode bikes as well as built ExPo trailers?

Small world. :)

Yeah I've ridden bikes on and off since I was a kid. I decided to get back into it last fall. I'm still getting some base miles in on the road for now. The thought of me crashing on a MTb has me worried about my back so I'm going to hold off for another month or so.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Rolling fat in Prescott. We just had 4-5" of fresh snow fall. It was absolutely sublime for a fat bike. I went out for two hours and before I knew it, four had passed. Just perfect. The only other tracks I saw were those of rabbits, deer, coyotes and what I think was a bobcat. I started riding in 1985. This was one more day to remember.

Bicycles bring me so much happiness, it's tough to comprehend. Just when I think riding, racing and bikes can bring me no more enjoyment, someone invents a fat bike, and then snow falls.

Self portrait.
snowday_zps46951942.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
New Ride Giant Anthem X 29er

Got my new ride and all it has done is rain here. Clear skies ahead.....I hope.

IMG_0548.jpg

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I got out in the snow on Sunday. I didn't get real far because it started snowing hard and my feet were cold.
That looks pretty snow-perfect. Do yourself a favor and get some insulated riding shoes. After 20 years I finally bought some Sidi Diablos and love them.

What PSI were you running in those tires? On my 3.8 Nates on Holy Rolling Daryls I was running as low as 3psi. Slow as hell on the pavement getting home, but perfect on the snow.

That looks pretty snow-perfect. Do yourself a favor and get some insulated riding shoes. After 20 years I finally bought some Sidi Diablos and love them.

What PSI were you running in those tires? On my 3.8 Nates on Holy Rolling Daryls I was running as low as 3psi. Slow as hell on the pavement getting home, but perfect on the snow.

I do need some insulated shoes, nobody seems to give them away though. I need to save a search on eBay for some different models.

I have been running 5 psi front and rear. My only slipping issue was on snow covered granite. If it was at all off camber it was impossible to ride. I just mounted up a Bud and Lou. They should have more snow traction, but I doubt they will help much on the granite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk