The full sized mid-size, my 2014 F150 "Fiddy"

Grassland

Finally hand calculated the fuel consumption. The last trip was 19.76 liters per 100 km. I haven't weighed the trailer but safely assume at least 4500#. Plus 500# minimum in/on the truck if you include the weight of the tires compared to stock.
The trip before was similar, but that tank had some travel without the trailer on it and came in at 17.48 l/100

For those using freedom units, that's 11.9 US MPG for last trip and 13.45 US MPG for the previous trip with some non towing mixed in.

91 octane canned tune, shifts set to firm, corrected for tire size.

Grassland

Tried Makers Mark. Was a gift, and I liked it. Had too much tho.

Parking brake lever/actuator thing on the drivers side failed and I had to bash it loose with a poor selection of tools while in a parking lot in Kenora as we went in for the day (a Friday of the long weekend). So that's on the list of things to fix, along with noticing the passenger side rear axle seal is leaking. Wins all around.

With the bit of unloaded driving, but the vast majority with two kayaks on the roof and the trailer and too much stuff in the back I managed just under 18 liters per 100km.

Mildly amused the truck sees more flexing when backing the trailer into a nice spot than it does half the time it's off road.

Attachments

• IMG_20210730_112310.jpg
    IMG_20210730_112310.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210728_204704__01.jpg
    IMG_20210728_204704__01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210727_143109__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20210727_143109__01__01.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 25

Mekcanix

Camper
my father in law LOVES Makers Mark. He says its the best. what area where you folks camping in this past weekend?

Grassland

We went to Rushing River for a week. It's my wife's favorite place.
We also have Blue Lake on our list for later this month but just a weekend.

Mekcanix

Camper
We had 2 bad days of smoke we missed the ash fall, but A bunch of my wifes family was there and told us about the ash, yikes

Grassland

Well got the axle seals replaced. So this rear differential has had the fluid changed several times now lol. Also had the parking break linkages and shoes replaced. Have a working parking brake again, and that's always good.
I have to raise my rates at work, as everything else has gone up, including the labour rate at the mechanic I use. They were $95 an hour and now are $115.
Local Ford dealer is still higher for "technical labour rate" ie anything more than oil changes.

My truck doesn't fit in my garage and I work 60+ hours a week so it's more than worth it to take it in for most work.

Installed a swing case on my buddies 2021 Lariat crew cab, and the method used on the aluminum trucks is way better than drilling into the bed like on my truck.

Still jonesing for an aluminum truck but I'm not paying 50k + for an XLT in this bonkers market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal