The full sized mid-size, my 2014 F150 "Fiddy"

Grassland

How did you like the RAV4? Curious as it could be a good replacement for our '11 Tucson.
On the fence. Closest thing I could compare it to is my wife's 2014 Elantra GT and the 2018 Rogue we rented last trip, and I'd say I only had a week of wheel time in either of those.
The Rav isn't as quiet on the highway as I expected, and it didn't seem to have any more power than either aforementioned vehicle. I also didn't care for the tacked on screen look that many vehicles have. The interior was cheap looking and feeling. Seats were comfortable enough although 2.5 hours was longest trip. I didn't do an in depth review, as it was a week long rental, but nothing strikes me as any better than par for the course for a crossover.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
On the fence. Closest thing I could compare it to is my wife's 2014 Elantra GT and the 2018 Rogue we rented last trip, and I'd say I only had a week of wheel time in either of those.
The Rav isn't as quiet on the highway as I expected, and it didn't seem to have any more power than either aforementioned vehicle. I also didn't care for the tacked on screen look that many vehicles have. The interior was cheap looking and feeling. Seats were comfortable enough although 2.5 hours was longest trip. I didn't do an in depth review, as it was a week long rental, but nothing strikes me as any better than par for the course for a crossover.
Thanks! Next time rent a Bronco Sport and let me know what you think, haha

Grassland

Got some nice walking this weekend. No birds as the snow kept coming. Got out at 01:30 thankfully buddies had been out since Thurs evening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-104044.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-104044.jpg
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211114-104030.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-104030.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 21

Grassland

Pretty sure I gained 4" of wheel travel minimum by putting this baby on.

Too bad the OEM grille broke apart during the swap, but not really a surprise after 7 years.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_155226__01.jpg
    IMG_20211121_155226__01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Grassland

My dear wife has mostly orchestrated our trip out East next year, pending the graces of the ruling class of course. (Blessed be the Trudeau's)
This old rust bucket is to pull our trailer from Loserpeg through Onterrible and Quebec, into New Brunswick, and then to PEI (5 days) A few days and nights in PEI maybe 3) depending on our travel time.
From PEI will go east to North Sydney and take a long, expensive ferry ride to The Rock (Newfoundland, the poor sods had to join confederation after WW1)
We'll spend a few weeks there, and then ferry back to Nova Scotia, heading to the Digby area (#scallops), then the Lunenburg area for several days, finally heading back through La Belle province, Onterrible, and back to Loserpeg.
If you haven't guessed I wish a tactical nuclear strike on Winnipeg MB, even while actually living here, you haven't been paying attention.

Last edited:

Grassland

Estimating $3500-4000 on fuel, $1500 for the ferry, round trip.
Trying to keep the trip to under 9k total, which means so have to not stop at every microbrewery we come across.
Have 5 weeks budgeted to do this.

Tempted to replace the tires before the trip as they are coming on 5 years old. Going to look at the vacuum hubs for 4WD and make sure that system works, and maybe proactively replace some rad hoses and fittings if any seem suspect.
Pretty sure one caliper is dragging, but it's -31 right now so won't be dealing with it any time soon

Grassland

7500-8000km? I'm not sure how many KM in Newfoundland. It's almost 3500km from here to the ferry port.

*Edit* looks like realistically closer to 10k km, the route have planned is already over 7k not including Newfoundland, and we have likely over 1000km there, I haven't done the routes yet

Last edited:

Grassland

Friend has my truck this week and should be done by the weekend.
It's nice to have friends willing to work on your stuff in the evening.
A bottle of bourbon will accompany the money I'll bring.

MAF cleaned, brake fluid changed, front end and IWE/vacuum system checked. Spark plugs changed.
It ain't exciting to most I'm sure, but I'm hoping new plugs and a cleaned MAF bring back a couple ponies and a smidge more fuel economy.
Mighty tempted to put the 87 tune back on as premium 91 is $1.69 a liter.
Thankfully I keep cash handy for things just in case my government declares the Emergency Measures Act and starts seizing citizens Bank accounts. I should probably store some fuel too incase they start rationing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal