The "Mother Lode" 2005 GMC Yukon

krazytoy

Adventurer
Nah. I'm still at Linder. I just got a new rig. I missed having a truck too much, and found a good deal on a 2007 F150. Same color as the X though..

Cool, I'll have to stop in sometime and BS with ya.
Thanks again everyone for the kind words, didn't get much done this weekend other than fab'd some mounts for the factory rear sway bar and reinstalled it, holy cow what a difference! Drives like a race car now! Not really but it was a huge improvement.

stoute

I just have to say that it's people like you who keep my wallet empty. ;-) I love your truck!!!

Now that I see how good it looks when done right, I'm interested in doing something similar to my 01 Tahoe.

I was originally thinking of swapping the rear end with the escalade rear end... But now, oh my.

Keep up the amazing work! And when you get bored of this one in a year or so, let me know!

stoute

Ha ha. Will do.

Do you have the part numbers from antec?

Amazing build. I can't say that enough.

krazytoy

Adventurer
Well, I have just about all the little things worked out and dialed in. Have the bump stops and limit straps dialed in to maximize travel without destroying shocks, I have the steering box braced to the opposite side frame rail, plated the frame around the gear box bolts as I had cracked the frame around the 1 factory hole I reused on the steering box. Got the front ARB all working and dialed in, this was a bit of a challenge as my Ruffstuff cover wouldn't clear the air line and actually broke it off, I tried to get a new seal housing but no one had any so I had to silver solder on a new copper line and modify the bulkhead fitting. Oh, I got the Grizzly locker stuffed in the back, the King Bling Steering Stabilizer and new wheels too! I applied for the Ultimate Adventure so at this point I need to put my winch up front and make some new bumpers for it and slap together some sliders all in the next few months. I have to say... I smile everyday when I drive this, that hasn't happened to me in a long time...

Sorry, but every time I have had it out I never get any pictures or videos of it, I'll try to get some so just mall crawler shots for now.

What was left of the copper line

Boom! Works good as new, but with a 3/16" line.

All dropped out.

Walker Evans Street Locks, I have had several sets of real beadlocks and I have come to the conclusion they don't work well for a daily driver so fake beadlocks it is!

All cleaned up and ready for the dance. .

krazytoy

Adventurer
One other interesting tidbit, I had a chance to weigh it yesterday...

Stock
Front - 3020 lbs
Rear - 2960 lbs
Total - 5980 lbs

As it sits Today
Front - 3200 lbs
Rear - 2940 lbs
Total - 6140 lbs

The only difference was I had probably a 1/4 tank or so more of fuel when I weighed it stock.

krazytoy

Adventurer
:luxhello: That thing is awesome! How hard was the SAS? You made it look so easy

Honestly of all the SAS's I have done this one was the easiest. Keep in mind though I choose the Yukon because of the contours of the frame and had the entire build planned out and sitting on the garage before I started cutting. I really only ran into 1 or 2 things that I wasn't expecting.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I have to say you live up to your name Mr Krazy! This build is just... Crazy!:Wow1: What a sweet :drool:ride and super well done fabrication. You know your stuff. I love it! Cheers, Chilli..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman