The "Mother Lode" 2005 GMC Yukon

Wilbah

Adventurer
Really great work! That is an inspiring build. And nice to see you really use it too. I'm curious about your beadlocks comment re a DD....why don't u like them for that? Thanks for posting this build!

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Looking forward to what you do with the sliders/bumpers. I have a few ideas there but nothing I'm thrilled with at the moment. Any idea how much lift you have over factory height from suspension alone? how much up travel all around? We're building an '04 Suburban at work, and comparing that frame to my '97 is interesting with the differences. Nice to hear this one makes for a happy drive again. I'm so hoping for the same when done. Been too long knowing that feeling.

Best of Luck,

Mike

krazytoy

Adventurer
Really great work! That is an inspiring build. And nice to see you really use it too. I'm curious about your beadlocks comment re a DD....why don't u like them for that? Thanks for posting this build!
Thanks for the kind words. I had nothing but problem with my beadlocks and it wasn't just one manufacturer, bolts backing out, bolt breaking, tire not centering on the beadlock lip, didn't balance very well etc. I think some of the issue was the climate I live in, in the winter they spray the roads with mag-chloride and that gets between the ring and wheel and eats the bolts and then they break, I got real good at fixing broken bolts. The last set I had I would replace all the bolts every 6 months, just too much of a maintenance nightmare for a daily driver.

Looking forward to what you do with the sliders/bumpers. I have a few ideas there but nothing I'm thrilled with at the moment. Any idea how much lift you have over factory height from suspension alone? how much up travel all around? We're building an '04 Suburban at work, and comparing that frame to my '97 is interesting with the differences. Nice to hear this one makes for a happy drive again. I'm so hoping for the same when done. Been too long knowing that feeling. Mike
The Yukon sits 10" over what it did stock and has 6" of vertical up travel in the front and the same in the rear. Very, very happy with how it drives, we went out this past weekend and my passenger kept saying how comfortable it was and everyone else was complaining how rough the road was, we didn't notice, the suspension soaks it all up.

tuffstripes

This rig is sweet, Nice bumping into you down at Indian Hot Springs this past weekend, wife and I were in the Orange LJ.

krazytoy

Adventurer

owyheerat

Adventurer
Jason, I just read through your build...very impressive! Even more impressive was seeing it in person. It's hard to be content with my rig, when I see rigs like yours.:Wow1:

It was fun sharing the vastness of the Owyhee's with you.

Until next time.

Durwin

krazytoy

Adventurer
Jason, I just read through your build...very impressive! Even more impressive was seeing it in person. It's hard to be content with my rig, when I see rigs like yours.:Wow1:

It was fun sharing the vastness of the Owyhee's with you.

Until next time.

Durwin

Thanks Durwin, Your 4runner is very nice, I would be content with what you have, I really liked it.
I'm sure I'll see you on the trail again soon, take care.

krazytoy

Adventurer
Any Updates? Love the build so far.
No real updates as of lately, I have just been enjoying it and using it, I must admit it the rig is exceeding every expectation I have had.

Wow talk about bringing the luxury anywhere you want. Props on the build.
Thanks, it sure is nice to ride in comfort. I took the wife to dinner in it the other night and was thinking to myself how cool it is to be able to do that and still be stylish.

Might I ask what your nice yellow jack stands are and where you got them..
They are pipe stands rated at 2500# each and are adjustable, made life real easy when it came to leveling the rig for suspension fitment. I got them here:http://www.toolup.com/Sumner-780385-Lo-Heavy-Duty-Jack-w-Vee-Head-Pipe-Jack-Stand.

justcuz

Explorer
That second picture is what it is all about, getting out there with family and making memories.

My kids don't remember Christmas presents or Birthdays as well as all the trips we went on.
Travel and the outdoors really enriched their lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism