The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

hyperboarder

Adventurer
PM'd you. I've been looking at other junkyard options (Trailblazer front seats or Suburban 3rd rows) but these seem like they're worth the extra $$$.

DzlToy

Explorer
attachment.php

Could someone measure the height of the seat cushion at the lowest (presumably behind the seat belt connector) and the highest (front of cushion) points?

Also, I noticed there is a huge difference in mounting, trim, style, etc., between the reclining and non-reclining models, so if you have a non-reclining model, that would be appreciated too.

These seats would not be going into a van, so I need to see if I have room to make them work or not.

Thanks in advance.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
attachment.php

Could someone measure the height of the seat cushion at the lowest (presumably behind the seat belt connector) and the highest (front of cushion) points?

Also, I noticed there is a huge difference in mounting, trim, style, etc., between the reclining and non-reclining models, so if you have a non-reclining model, that would be appreciated too.

These seats would not be going into a van, so I need to see if I have room to make them work or not.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC the non-reclining gray cloths are about ~13" from ground to top of front "knee" cushion. I could measure mine again if you'd like.
On the 2015 grey leather recliners, from the very bottom seat mounting surface(where seat rail meets the floor, or slider in my case) to the lowest seatbase-seatback meeting spot (the NE corner of the seatbelt as you see in the above pic) is ~9.25", the top of the seat cushion is ~13.25".
HTH!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Alright Pro's, so I'm usually an ok wrench, but I think that I'm over thinking these rear sienna seat mounts. I started taking off the plastic side covers to make the appropriate cut on the seat frame, however I can not figure out how to fully remove the side panel from the seat. How did you guys remove the adjustable handles etc. ?

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
I never took off the plastic side covers at all. I used the original hardware for the seat in the places where the nut was welded to the seat - those are the holes I had to drill out on the seat mount - 4 total - two on each side. I used the supplied hardware with the mounts for the more forward facing holes between mount and seat - 4 total - two on each side. There is a lip/flange that prevents the seat mount from lining up with the holes so I cut that off with a cut-off wheel on my angle grinder. Then I just used a combination of crescent wrenches, adjustable wrench, and socket set to secure everything up. I never took very good pictures of that.

OtterHome

Darn Elevate, I have 2 pairs of cloth Sienna's for sale, in OR!
MG can advise on profile of L-track. We just sandwiched the BedRug between L-track and floor, putting the L-track in the "valley" of metal floor rib strips, NOT on top of ribs. I'm removing my BedRug now, going with VanTred vinyl flooring instead.

How are you liking that VanTred? Thinking of it in mine.

OtterHome

Sienna Seat Questions

Wanting to put a couple of Siennas in the driver/passenger positions in my 2014 E350 and need some help. Looking at two 2015 non-footrest style seats. They both have left hand seat belt receivers and would use the stock van seat belts (not integrated like the second row style seats). Couple questions:

- Can the seatbelt receiver be easily switched on the driver side to right hand?

- Have read how the Driver side Siennas can't be made to swivel because of the module underneath. Anybody know why the stock seats can swivel but not these?

- Lastly, is the ride/quality of the non-footrest seat the same as the footrest ones?

Hope y'all can help. Going to post this also in the SMB forum.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Alright Pro's, so I'm usually an ok wrench, but I think that I'm over thinking these rear sienna seat mounts. I started taking off the plastic side covers to make the appropriate cut on the seat frame, however I can not figure out how to fully remove the side panel from the seat. How did you guys remove the adjustable handles etc. ?

We didn't fully remove the plastic sides either. Gotta cut up your hands a bit to get in there where you need.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
How are you liking that VanTred? Thinking of it in mine.

Still sitting in the box, as it has been for a few months now. Will be a sizable install as we need to remove all the fasteners for my L-track on the floor first.......should have planned ahead better and thought about non-carpet before having MG fab/install the L-track.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Wanting to put a couple of Siennas in the driver/passenger positions in my 2014 E350 and need some help. Looking at two 2015 non-footrest style seats. They both have left hand seat belt receivers and would use the stock van seat belts (not integrated like the second row style seats). Couple questions:

- Can the seatbelt receiver be easily switched on the driver side to right hand?

- Have read how the Driver side Siennas can't be made to swivel because of the module underneath. Anybody know why the stock seats can swivel but not these?

- Lastly, is the ride/quality of the non-footrest seat the same as the footrest ones?

Hope y'all can help. Going to post this also in the SMB forum.

Don't know on that. I doubt it.
Unsure, MG might know better. MG?????
My '11 Sienna cloth non-reclining had the seat base angled back into the seat back a bit more than my '15 Sienna leather recliners (seat base is more 90deg to seat back). Does that make sense? Both were/are comfy. Of course once you put the recliner into recline position, the recliner is out of this world.

OtterHome

Well, I've picked up a pair of the Siennas for the back seats and will have to be content for now with getting up and moving to enjoy the recline! I'm holding off for now on the driver/passenger seating till I find something to "match" the gray leather Siennas but will swivel. It might be a fool's journey, but I'm searching... Any ideas/leads are welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues