The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

orangeTJ

Explorer
I liked the new location. More space it seemed like. The cooler temperatures were welcomed as well. In Amado, it was quite a bit warmer.

LakeLBJ

Observer
Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
driving me crazy we cant be there.. looks like a good time. greetings to all our friends. we are leaving for Trans Lab Highway Moto trip on June 3rd to close to do both...

can someone post some sportsmobile fuso photos... thx

Hope all goes well Jonathan and Roseann!

James, you and Stacy were missed, it would have been great to catch up on adventures.
Enjoy your trip and I hope someone does post pics of the SMB Fuso because it was really cool with some innovative features.

GTABurnout

Explorer
5-19-12_22.jpg

5-19-12_23.jpg

5-19-12_24.jpg

5-19-12_25.jpg

5-19-12_26.jpg

5-19-12_27.jpg

5-19-12_28.jpg

5-19-12_29.jpg

5-19-12_30.jpg

ipgregory

Adventurer
Glad you were OK.

Myself and BX were under the awning when it went - it lifted both of us off the ground for a fraction of a second before we let go. I was in the orange shirt if you recall that. We had stopped in to find Dave gone, and once he returned, it wasn't the best time to let him know how pleased we are with the new 2.5 XT lift on the JKUR. Oh well...

Other than that excitement, we had a great time, saw some old friends, and enjoyed seeing the vendors displays.

We saw that go and i'm glad I was nowhere near it. Glad nobody was seriously hurt.

I liked the new location. More space it seemed like. The cooler temperatures were welcomed as well. In Amado, it was quite a bit warmer.

X2, I thought this years venue (the odd typical AZ dust devil you can't do anything about aside) was a vast improvement over Amado. I hope this is the new home.

Ian

BurbanAZ

Explorer
was a great event, so glad we went. Had a fun week of exploring before the expo then got to see a bunch of cool rigs and had some good classes. We have been sleeping in the suburban, the last day we gave in a bought one of the OZ tents, seems like a great product so far, i think were really going to like it.

heres where we parked (im the blue suburban)
DSC01547.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

our favorite campsite from before the expo
DSC01431.jpg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Best event so far!

Glad I made it there even if it had to be in a rental car as a camper. Lots of vendors with some really neat items, lots of new and innovative products made their debut, too. But the best part are the folks that make it there... it's like meeting up with family over a holiday. Plus meeting people new to this community of interest -- their enthusiasm is motivating. Thanks also to all who extended their kindness to me in the absence of my truck and gear; it was getting painful to have this happen again and again - "Does anyone have a ____?" Me - "Yeah, I've got one... it's in my truck in ABQ." ;)

The venue was great! Lot's of room, great weather, and beautiful scenery distinguished this location. What a spectacular site as a launching point for further adventure, too!

Just a hunch, a very strong hunch, but I recommend anyone planning on attending OX13, plan on this location as your base next year. A few of us are already making plans for an epic trip ending at OX13 next year. Since I'll have this new transmission I may even take my truck instead of a loaner car...

After attending 3, the OX event gets better and better! Meritorious pat-on-the-back Team Hanson!

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
Best event so far! ... Glad I made it there even if it had to be in a rental car as a camper.
Well done, Sir, on displaying the spirit and fortitude to persevere in spite of fate and the odds, I am glad it met all your expectations for that alone.Based on all the pictures and videos (many thanks again to all) that are piling in now that you've all had your fun, OX13 is something I just can't miss. Jonathan and Roseanne look like they throw quite a shin dig, imagine what parties at their place must be like! Cheers,Humphrey

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Looks like a killer event, nice looking rigs and looks like the people there had a great time. I hope in the future I can get to one of the events and meet another group of Overlanders,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven