The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
OEX

We had a great time this weekend! The Rendezvous Conspiracy was there in force, I lost track of how many Rendezvous shirts I saw on saturday :cool:

rollingdeep.jpg

Overland Gourmet BLEW IT UP with food and parties each night (Rendezvous camp on thursday, Bundu Gear and Snow Peak on Friday) culminating in the GIANT "End of the World" party Saturday night with Equipt and the Maya Rally - we cooked and served food for what must have been hundreds of people.

cooking.jpg

Zach and Clint of OVG were backed up by Mark, Justin, Robert, Mike, Mitch and Apryl - HUGE THANKS to the Conspiracy for coming out in force and helping Overland Gourmet feed so many hungry Overlanders! :bowdown:

OVGatOEX.jpg

Paul and Ben from Equipt kept their famous Tiki Bar rolling through the night with Cuba Libres and copious amounts of refreshments for all. The combined efforts of Overland Gourmet/Equipt/Maya Rally delivered what had to be the biggest overland party ever. Kudos to all who worked and to all who came and made it such a blast!

There had to have been at least 2-3 times more vehicles/people/vendors/gear/training/food/everything this year and the venue was PERFECT! Huge thanks to the Hansons and crew for all the hard work, you guys rock and your event is top notch.

We'll be back!

ovx.jpg

Last edited:

koly

Observer
Does anyone know who makes that water tank mounted on the side of the Mercedes G Wagon?

Yep - Karl, from gwagenaccessories.com - that's his G-wagen. He makes great products. I've got his spring spacers, spare tire storage box and rear ladder on my G-wagen (pictured earlier in this thread)....

koly

Observer
There had to have been at least 2-3 times more vehicles/people/vendors/gear/training/food/everything this year and the venue was PERFECT! Huge thanks to the Hansons and crew for all the hard work, you guys rock and your event is top notch.

We'll be back!
x100! WAY better than Amado in so many ways - people, vendors, and especially venue. Congrats on a great event.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Jon from Auspit cooked up some delicious BBQ; and helped keep the "End of the World" party going by providing much needed Coke to mix with the remaining Rum...!

l1090761.jpg

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Speaking of awnings flying away, apparently this model has been specially designed to withstand wind of over 90 mph.

l1090707.jpg

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
The legendary Chris Scott flew all the way in from UK, apparently with the goal of tasting some of the local Arizonian delicacies - baloney and pretzel.

l1090721.jpg

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Persephone (my fiancee) with Ross, one of the great teams (Panam 13) running the Maya Rally! Ross came all the way from Florida.

l1090791.jpg

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
XPCamper was there in full force this year. The booth had a camper on each of the Big 3: Dodge, Ford, GMC. There was also another one in the camping area. Great work Marc.

l1090779.jpg

Attachments

• L1090779.jpg
    L1090779.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 1,177
Last edited:

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I was there! Yay! It was a lot of cool stuff to see and do and lots of people. I too liked the location! Someone mentioned the family friendly environment and the play area. That was great for my son! Funny (?) thing that happened...a young girl found a garter snake, and my son is extremely into snakes, crocs, etc. Well, he was holding it, after I told him countless times to put it down and leave it alone, it bit him on the hand! I'm really hoping that will teach him that wild animals are not to play with. He's only 4 so it remains to be seen if his lesson was learned.

Great job to all who were involved in making the expo happen! I can only imagine how much work it must have been! Thanks!

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
We had a great time this weekend! The Rendezvous Conspiracy was there in force, I lost track of how many Rendezvous shirts I saw on saturday :cool:

Overland Gourmet BLEW IT UP with food and parties each night (Rendezvous camp on thursday, Bundu Gear and Snow Peak on Friday) culminating in the GIANT "End of the World" party Saturday night with Equipt and the Maya Rally - we cooked and served food for what must have been hundreds of people.

Zach and Clint of OVG were backed up by Mark, Justin, Robert, Mike, Mitch and Apryl - HUGE THANKS to the Conspiracy for coming out in force and helping Overland Gourmet feed so many hungry Overlanders! :bowdown:

Paul and Ben from Equipt kept their famous Tiki Bar rolling through the night with Cuba Libres and copious amounts of refreshments for all. The combined efforts of Overland Gourmet/Equipt/Maya Rally delivered what had to be the biggest overland party ever. Kudos to all who worked and to all who came and made it such a blast!

We'll be back!

ovx.jpg

x100! WAY better than Amado in so many ways - people, vendors, and especially venue. Congrats on a great event.

That's just how we roll here in Northern Arizona...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven